Senior Jockey
attachment.php
At this early stage, I like Bonny Kate, Crafty Butcher and Jetsttream Jack

Attachments

• Thyestes.JPG
    Thyestes.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Billed as "The Race That Stops A County " the traditional NH lads love to win a race with Arkle, Brown Lad etc on the roll of honour.
A lot of these would need a hike in weights to make Fairyhouse so no problem there.
take Jimmy Mangan; he is nearly as proud of Winsome Boy winning this for him as he is of his GN or Galway Plate wins as he was following his father who owner/trained June's Friend to win in early 1980s, a mare jimmy won many p2p's on.
WPM is a huge fan of the race calling it Ireland's Hennessey !

Champagne West - Won as he liked last time and beat some good yardsticks in the process. There's always a possibility he will fall over, but if he doesn't, he'd have a good chance as he is clearly in rude health. Henry De Bromhead has arguably found some improvement in him since he left England. I don't know why that is - I feel the last day was eye-catching. There's juice in the price at 14/1, he'll probably be shorter upon being declared. I might even have a nibble at 100/1 for the Gold Cup each way for some fanciful excitement (in the hope or expectation he wins nicely on Thursday).

Ps, I've got a lawyer at hand if anyone wants me sectioned for the above post. :)

Last edited:
Probably not but his entries look woeful for this. I suppose something like Wounded Warrior could bounce back to his best and win but I like the look of Champagne West who Henry De Bromhead has got back to his winning ways.

We could do with a sup of rain for a good few of these entries

Elsewhere on the card

Melon gets an entry in the maiden hurdle

And the best bumper of the season entry wise at this stage

Champagne West - I might even have a nibble at 100/1 for the Gold Cup each way for some fanciful excitement (in the hope or expectation he wins nicely on Thursday).

Ps, I've got a lawyer at hand if anyone wants me sectioned for the above post. :)

Every now and then its exciting to back a horse you know will try and make-all in a competitive chase like this.
On the one hand he is potentially a sitting duck off the second highest weight, but I guess if he could defy it, my tenner each way at 100/1 for the Gold Cup will look decent. :) Hopefully Henry De Bromhead keeps finding improvement in him.

Last edited:
Cheers Ed. I'll be going to the Cheltenham for the first time ever for Gold Cup day. I have been meaning to go for ages. Will you be there?

Nice one who's performing at the concert? Btw anyone that I know on the forum there on Gold Cup day let me know if you want to catch up.

Has a man ever won as many handicaps in a season as Elliott

Most likely no.
He has won all seven 100k handicap chases this season according to RP article today.
Back in the day when Tom Dreaper farmed Thyestes, Leopardstown and Irish GN he rarely had summer chasers to run in Galway plate or Kerry Nash.
Looking at old Paddy Power Leop racecards here the years JP had 7, 8 or 9 runners no trainer had more than one or two of those.
The long shadow of Giggi once again concentrated in one yard with a little help from others for Elliott, who has 6 to 11 runners in those valuable races this season.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere that Barry Geraghty struggles to make a weight as low as 10-4 which is what Rogue Trader has. If that's true then he must reckon RT has a very good chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back