Thyestes

PRICEWISE2008

At the Start
Is tomorrow's big meeting in any danger of not going ahead..If it does what wins the Thyestes:confused: A repeat of the Troytown run must give Operation Houdini a decent e/w squeak..

Think the Thyestes will go ahead. Gowran is well used to muck and slop

Newbay Prop is a worthy favourite but at the other end of the weights Noel Meades Cleni Boy gets in off bottom weight and is coming into the race after winning at Christmas. Short enough at 7's but sure to give you a run for your money

I hate the Thyestes. Never backed the winner and probably never will.

The Galmoy looks an interesting affair. Shakervilz seems like a progressive type and won't have any problem with the trip or the ground, but I'm not sure the form of his Navan win is up to much - Aitmatov ran like a pig that day, and Geraghty gave Give It Time a fairly poor ride. In fact, I'm unconvinced that, on the balance of his form, he should be an 11/8 shot.

Whatuthink has an obvious chance as well, though I'm slightly unconvinced that he will stay three miles (hopefully Kazal will make it somewhat of a decent gallop) in this sort of ground. On his best form Kazal should probably be favourite for the race, though his form this season is unconvincing at best. Turning into a bit of a tricky customer as well it seems.

I might have a bit on Footy Facts at 10's EW. Trip and ground should suit, though he's been dissapointing on a few occassions in the past.

Concluding bumper looks a fairly hot affair as well. Cadspeed is too short at the forecast 11/10 (though I seriously doubt he will be that price tommorrow). Derek O'Connor could make the difference in the race - best amateur in Ireland bar none.

Any other fancies?

I like Arbor Supreme alot...will stay all day, loves the ground and looks to be improving. The worry would be the record of horses carrying his sort of weight in this race. Nonetheless I could see him develop into a National horse so will be watching out for him.

Cleni Boy is very interesting but he will need to improve his jumping if he is to get involved here. Did remarkably well to win at Christmas after a dire round of jumping.

I think Shakervilz is a live outsider for the Stayers Hurdle. His win last time at Navan is easy to put a line through, but he travelled like a class horse that day and won it doing handstands. Was 99/1 for the Stayers on Betfair recently and invested ( a very small stake) so will be hoping for a good run tomorrow. Kazal has had his mouth sawn off him too many times by Barry G and has turned into a bit a pig. Interesting jockey booking now but not much faith in the horse...clearly very good at his best but probably does not want it much now.

laying, kazal for win, operation houdini for place, indifference curve for place and art sleuth for win.
backing, line ball to place, hurricane carter to place, cadspeed to win.

I hope the meeting goes ahead as I have spent the last 2 hours going through the card and it is a big day out in this part of the country.
Race 1 -will be laying the 2 favourites if I can get them at 3/1 or less.
Race 2-Kazal ran an absolute shocker in this last year when he was well supported in the market.The Willie Mullins horse will be a short priced fav but he looks progressive and this would be an important meeting for Willie.I really don't like getting in at short prices in these conditions but Shakervilz is the nap.
Race 3.An Cathaoir Mor ran a blinder against Cousin Vinny and also ran respectably at Leopardstown before that.I presume he is running in the belief that he will be put up a few pounds.He often travels well and could be play to lay material.
Race 4 -The big one will be a right slog-something like Dun Doire could come from out of the clouds.
Race 5 -The Fonze is my place lay of the day.
Race 6 Don't know.
Race 7 -Deise Dan will definitely be trying as his connections sponsor the big hurdle race but Willies horse might be too good for him.

Going for A New Story today think it is good value. They will want to get his mark up as well for a tilt at the national so after a disappointing fall at Aintree when well fancied and going pretty well when falling think they could have him right for today

Looking at the low weights and performances on heavy i find it hard to go away from Line Ball. Worrying that Mc Coy has passed it over for Arbor Supreme though, which i like but i find it hard to back it under that weight.

Hoopy looks dangerous enough though at the same time, nicely weighted, in form, and goes through the ground ok...

Did not back him, but not for the first time this season I thought Ruby rode poorly there on Art Sleuth. Gave him too much to do.

Stat from today's RP

Only four times in the past 25 years has the winner carried 11st or more

No access from work - NHS takes nannying very seriously.

Thanks Granger, saw your message too late, but didn't bother betting as gut feeling went against selection.

Just back and despite the first 2 races going badly against me -it was looking like a very long day at 145-I backed An Cathoir Mor at 12 when they passed the post with a circuit to go.I had laid the field in running at 1.32 before I left this morning and when David Casey put his head in front on the line it was going to be a winning day.The Thyestes was a losing race -even though I was sure I requested a small bet on the winner.
I was trying to place lay The Fonze at 8-15 last night and this morning but nobody was biting.About ten minutes beore the race it was 5-6 and I started drip feeding a few bets.After a few minutes I laid a lump at 1.99 and after that he rapidly went out to 2.4+.Unfortunately I took the opportunity to lay off a little bit too much and the race wasn't the spectacular result it could have been.
In the rubbish handicap I laid The Boxer Roche for a place at 2.04-about twenty seconds later he was on the deck.
Place laid the Kiely mare in the bumper for more then I wanted to and was getting seriously nervous when my phone went down for the duration of the race.
A good day on the punting front which justified studying until 230 last night.

Back