Thyne Again Dies

Terrible news, he's only a 6yo (I think). Such a shock for connections. Lovely-looking horse, I loved him (but then I have a weakness for flashy chestnuts). So sad. RIP Thyne Again.

Thats terrible, had a real soft spot for this boy - reckon he still had a big day in him at some stage when he found his conditions.

LIAM BURKE'S Champion Chase hope Thyne Again died on his gallops during a routine canter on Thursday morning.

Fourth in last term's Arkle the eight-year-old had been aimed at the two-mile championship chase but tried three miles for the first time on his last run in last Sunday's Hennessy Gold Cup. "He was just having a routine canter out the back and dropped dead," said Burke, adding: "It's terrible news and to be honest it hasn't really sunk in yet.

"We were looking forward to going to Cheltenham with him but that's history now.
"Unfortunately these things happen in racing and it always seems to happen to the good ones."
Thyne Again, who also held entries in the Ryanair Chase and Gold Cup, won six of his 18 career starts, including the Baileys Arkle Perpetual Challenge Cup at Leopardstown last January

Lovely horse. Travelled well and easy to pick out in a race due to his flashy head and steep jumping.

Cost me a few bob but gutted to hear about this.

Back