Tidal Bay

Guest_

At the Start
Not a bad effort on paper but just disappointing this his whole demeanor throughout the race. Not sure the trip can be blamed for the defeat.

First time giving weight away too we have to take into account. Always difficult to come from behind on soft ground - giving the weight away didn't help matters either and Nozic is no slouch.

Would like to see how he goes in a conditions chase before judging him properly but wouldn't want to be taking any single figure prices for any of the big races at Cheltenham

Thought jock gave the horse a great ride since the horse didnt seem to travel..well he did travel, but the fences just seemed to get in the way. Regan gave the horse every chance to win the race. I agree about the trip, I think he can get it...he was conceding weight todaya dn the ground was soft. If the ground was good he would be there or thereabouts.

Pretty sure they wont go for the Gold Cup after this, the 3mile chase at Aintree and King George will be the ultimate aim. Im not sure why they didnt run him in the King George this year. He would have been my bet if he ran today.

Does seem a strange choice of race for an Arkle winner. He did admirably well though given how he didn't exactly look comfortable during the race.

Like I said, on paper the result (giving lumps of weight away in soft ground) was fine, but just his whole outlooking and the way he just seemed to go through the motions was what I found disappointing.

Like I said, on paper the result (giving lumps of weight away in soft ground) was fine, but just his whole outlooking and the way he just seemed to go through the motions was what I found disappointing.

He looked a bit average and ponderous until he took in the Arkle last year. Totally wrong sort of race today.

Mutterings at Kempton from most viewers were that Tidal Bay was disappointing, but as already stated on here, it was a good run 'on paper' at the weights. He seemed to go to sleep for large parts of the race, maybe a tad too switched off.

Back