Time To Press The Panic Button At Closutton?

• Thread starter Thread starter useful
  • Start date Start date
U

useful

Snowy Morning.

J'Vole.

Not to mention the two most recent bumper hot pots.

Looks like Ireland's Top Trainer (some may say the best trainer ever to set foot on the planet earth) is in a bit of trouble as Cheltenham fast approaches. Can he possibly enhance his formidable tally of ten festival winners in 17 years?

Can he possibly enhance his formidable tally of ten festival winners in 17 years?

From Betfair's form site (powered by Timeform), with results filtered to Cheltenham in March:

Trainer, Wins/Runs, Strike Rate

MC Pipe, 27/562, 4.8%

PF Nicholls, 17/212, 8.0%

NJ Henderson, 17/216, 7.9%

WP Mullins, 10/101, 9.9%

(data since 1992)

Formidable indeed!

Quite Gareth. I think we have already established that 50% of those Mullins wins came in the Bumper. A flat race.

Am I a wind up merchant rory? What makes you say that?

Is the Bumper not a race at the Festival?

Just admit that Mullins has, at the least, a perfectly respectable Festival record. Otherwise we're looking at yet another opinion of yours that has no basis in fact.

Gareth I am avoiding going over old ground. I have made my views on the bumper and Mullins' festival record plain.

I don't think my view has no basis in fact. I think you happen to disagree with it. They are two entirely different things.

You weren't avoiding going over old ground when you started this thread and mentioned Mullins festival record, were you?

I'll leave it up to everyone else to decide what your motives were in starting this thread.

Originally posted by useful@Feb 24 2008, 04:32 PM
Snowy Morning.

J'Vole.

Not to mention the two most recent bumper hot pots.

Looks like Ireland's Top Trainer (some may say the best trainer ever to set foot on the planet earth) is in a bit of trouble as Cheltenham fast approaches. Can he possibly enhance his formidable tally of ten festival winners in 17 years?
J,vole was over the top. Anyone who backed the horse today was taking a massive chance.

Snowy Morning had a poor run, im sure they will get to the bottom of it. The latest two bumper hot pots as you put it, were hot pots on the basis of people backing them blindly because of connections, not because of any proven ability. One was very green that i seen. He certainly didnt seem out of sorts in the last few weeks.

What is the relevance of going into him being "Ireland's Top Trainer (some may say the best trainer ever to set foot on the planet earth"?? This is why you are viewed as a wind up merchant.

Let the record show i havent called Useful a racist.

Well Gareth, my motive was actually to pose the question has the form of the yard dipped significantly enough to warrant concern as regards backing any of his charges at Cheltenham.

In a similar vein I have posed a question about the Meade horses being potential "banana" skins for punters at Cheltenham as now he is over the virus his horses go there fresh and unexposed.

Back