Today's Racing

Aragorn

At the Start
Pride of Dulcote makes his chasing debut today. Having watched the ATR features with Nicholl's i don't think this fella is at the top of the tree at Ditcheat and his form last year is not altogether that strong so i'm going to oppose him with Captain Americo who looked on an upward curve until Aintree.

In the 2.00 I also think that the Tregoning Horse is too short and that Yabtree from the Roger Charlton yard looks a decent bet. Don't see why there is such a big discrepancy in price and Charlton has an excellent record this year with 2yo's second time up.

The maiden at Naas looks a decent little event as well and I expect a couple of the O'Brien horses in it will turn up at saint cloud.

Surprised to see that there is a mixed meeting at Ffos Las today.

Four flat races followed by four over jumps.

It must be some time since this has happened, except for the Sandown Betfred Chase day.

I know it's rare for mixed meetings to take place these days - this, the Swinton meeting and Sandown's April affair are the only UK ones I can think of, far more common over the sea mind and there's one tonight at Killarney.

Good to have you back posting :)

Back