Tote Ten To Follow

jft2005

Conditional
I logged in to check my scores & check my list as id forgotten some of my selections. when i loged in it said select a competition, i selected jumps 2007-2008 but nothing appeared after that, there was no 'next' or 'submit' button. any ideas??

For example:

1. Select January from the drop down list
2. Click on the words "Jumps 2007-2008:" to the left of the drop down list.

They are hyperlinked, but it is not very clear.

Originally posted by betsmate@Jan 19 2008, 03:48 PM
For example:

1. Select January from the drop down list
2. Click on the words "Jumps 2007-2008:" to the left of the drop down list.

They are hyperlinked, but it is not very clear.
am i thick or are they thick?!! thanks for that!

The whole of the Tote site is appalling imo
I'd use it more otherwise to give proceeds to racing instead of the bookies!

But it's just a constant pain in the posterior. I even managed to put on a bet for the 'Gold Cup without the top three' TWICE today without even realising it!

The "Tote" website is actually the "Totesport" website, not "The Tote" per se [ie the Totaliser Board] so in betting with them on their website you are of course giving proceeds to bookies rather than to racing as Totesport is indeed a bookmaker.

If you wish to place bets at Tote dividends you can do that through the Totesport website, or with many others such as Blue Square or £3.65. The bookmakers will still be earning a percentage though.

My mistake if they do - I thought Totesport (as opposed to The Totaliser Board) was run as a bookmaking company in much the same vein as any other.

Totesports profits do go back into racing which is the point I was making
... which is why there is such a furore about the Govt's attempts to sell it off -
the Govt doesn't even own it :angy: racing does! That's what it was set up for

I am currently 479th - anybody higher ? Pity about Twist Magic but from what I can see all the Leaders have subbed Twist Magic in so I doubt I've lost any ground. I hope Nickname's race goes ahead on Wednesday because so far he has scored 0 points.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jan 19 2008, 08:54 PM
My mistake if they do - I thought Totesport (as opposed to The Totaliser Board) was run as a bookmaking company in much the same vein as any other.
Totesport are the Totalisator Board, aka The Tote..

I think you'll find Totesport (the bookmaking company) are run as a separate firm to the Tote, as in the oncourse operation (or the original Totaliser Board) from which the dividends are returned.

Back