Trf- Sad News

Guest_

At the Start
Despite its faults (which forum doesn't have any!?) sad to see the future of TRF in some doubt now due to Craigs passing away.

Is it? That's a shame - I haven't looked on there for a day or two now. It seems an okay place to me - as you say, all forums [fora??!!!!] have their faults but it seemed fine to me.

Think the problem is administrative, after Craigs death his wife does not seem to have the heart (not surprising) to carry on with it so its a bit up in the air.

Yes , she seems to be looking for people to take it over . Very sad for all TRFites if it goes down.

It will be a real shame ~ TRF was my internet cradle and I'd hate to see it limp out the way it looks like it might.

The fact that this hasn't been mentioned on here makes me think that perhaps I shouldn't be mentioning it.

If it is against board rules could someone delete it, please.

You all probably know that Craig (Daylight), the owner of TRF, died very suddenly a couple of weeks back. Well his wife has recently announced that she hasn't the desire or the skills to keep running the forum and she has asked for someone to take over the running of it.

I was wondering if anyone on here had the know-how and the wherewithall to help in any way.

Not pleasant reading . I was reminded of Lord Voldemort talking through the head of Professor Quirrell by Ian davies using another Bigtony to make his comments

Oh, of course it is, Ardross! There go the last remaining grey cells... :( Bracknell tries to get you to linger by changing the sequence of signs for Ascot as you approach it. You can end up twirling twice round their roundabouts trying to see where the damn sign's pointing.

Mini-rant: why can't British road signs be consistent? One minute you've got signs saying 'Ascot' at the top of the sign, then they're in the middle, then they've disappeared for two more signs, and then, finally, there is the little brown tourist route sign showing you the way to Legoland. (Or is that Bracknell?)

Back