Trials Day Cheltenham Saturday

I'm going to get there early to look at the horses that are being sold by Brightwells after racing. I think they might be breezing around 9.30 so an early start!! Racing, sales and 21 Club. Should be a good day.

Forecast to go down to -4C here on Friday night with 4-6mm of snow, sleet or rain Saturday morning. Covers are on already tonight I noticed.

Went on Saturday with the Missus. A glorious day for racing and surprisingly warm inthe sun. Seemed a smaller crowd than usual but so much the better to move around, take refreshments and bump into friends. Met former forumite, the Banstead Bruiser, who tried and failed to persuade me to back The Sawyer:(. Generally bet to sufficiently small stakes that allowed me to shout for good horses performing well whilst having no financial involvement at the end of the race. Tidal Bay and Taranis both deserved applause and consideration at the Festival.

Most of my selections for the day were identical to those of Desert Orchid(except Taranis!) which had originally made me consider raising my stakes. One winner on the course and and one at Uttoxeter with Restless Harry being my pick of the day (Nb Not aftertiming as I tried several times to post but kept on being asked to login when clicking submit reply). I like the horse's running style and thought the rider did well when he cracked on coming down the hill. Gutsy horse and one I will follow.

I'm going to get there early to look at the horses that are being sold by Brightwells after racing. I think they might be breezing around 9.30 so an early start!! Racing, sales and 21 Club. Should be a good day.

Nice bit of business for Danny Miley with forty foot tom. Bought for €26k sold for £220k.

Back