Tuesday 11th June 2024

yorick

Conditional
Narrowly denied at Windsor last night, eh.

Today I'll do just the one and it's:

Carolus Magnus - 8.00 Wetherby 7/2 Win

He's a funny one, this, but definitely has ability. I thought he ran well last time out and although he hung left, I think the ground may have had something to do with that; he doesn't really handle any soft and I don't think coming down the outside was the best place to be, either, at York that day. One thing is sure: if we were to take his run in last year's Cambridgeshire, this would be a cakewalk. Last at the 1f pole that day, he made up incredible ground late on and flew at the finish. One might argue against, I suppose, and say that 10f might be best, that he's a quirky sort who disappoints but that Cambs run was excellent and he'd be thrown in on that. Top of the ground and 1m look about right and I'll have a pop although with Mr Easterby you never know.

Narrowly denied at Windsor last night, eh.

Today I'll do just the one and it's:

Carolus Magnus - 8.00 Wetherby 7/2 Win

He's a funny one, this, but definitely has ability. I thought he ran well last time out and although he hung left, I think the ground may have had something to do with that; he doesn't really handle any soft and I don't think coming down the outside was the best place to be, either, at York that day. One thing is sure: if we were to take his run in last year's Cambridgeshire, this would be a cakewalk. Last at the 1f pole that day, he made up incredible ground late on and flew at the finish. One might argue against, I suppose, and say that 10f might be best, that he's a quirky sort who disappoints but that Cambs run was excellent and he'd be thrown in on that. Top of the ground and 1m look about right and I'll have a pop although with Mr Easterby you never know.
I put this up as a dark horse a few weeks ago. He is very well handicapped at the moment. You are correct about his run in the Cambridgeshire. I was on ew at 100s + I thought he was very unlucky not to be placed.
I don't know what he is doing piddling about in a class 5 handicap when the Royal Hunt Cup is around the corner.
He can win for me at that price ! Any rain + it may result in a disappointing performance, which may result in a further drop down the ratings.
I'm guessing another tilt at Newmarket in October is the chief target.

I put this up as a dark horse a few weeks ago. He is very well handicapped at the moment. You are correct about his run in the Cambridgeshire. I was on ew at 100s + I thought he was very unlucky not to be placed.
I don't know what he is doing piddling about in a class 5 handicap when the Royal Hunt Cup is around the corner.
He can win for me at that price ! Any rain + it may result in a disappointing performance, which may result in a further drop down the ratings.
I'm guessing another tilt at Newmarket in October is the chief target.
Reckon he's dropping through the grades till he finds a level he can win at. I 've bet Victoria Falls in the same race.

Might get dropped another 4lb for that.
Have they been coming the stands rail this evening ?
First race I've watched this evening.

Back