Tuesday's Racing

Flame

At the Start
Good Morning;

At Leicester, we have our feature meeting of the day.

The conditions race at 3.10 looks competitive with two smart horses but Akhenaten had a hard race on Saturday and 7f is probably too short for him. The vibes from the Meehan yard suggest ABSENT PLEASURE was not quite 100% last time out and having travelled like the best horse in the race he flattened out late on. The form of his 6f maiden win at Newmarket is very solid and I’m told by the right people that he will get 7f here but is likely to be aimed as a sprinter next season. He is improving at home and they think the slower surface is what he needs today.

There are no superstars in the 4.40 maiden but I have been taken by Class Is Class of late, however he is out of a Hector Protector mare and they generally need a faster surface. He shows up well in his work but I would expect this horse to go a bit close in an all weather maiden. That said the whole family have gone close on debut and that is one thing I would be expecting here. He is a promising sort and shouldn’t be discounted ew. I don’t like Three Moons and wouldn’t be getting too excited about her form. Fillies against colts this time of the season is never advisable and also her three seconds on the bounce in average maidens start to raise questions. I’m keen to take her on today. She is our advised lay. Lord Chancellor is apparently useful from the Johnston yard, but I haven’t forgiven them for Thursday yet. Bruton Street needs this but should run with credit whilst don’t discount Berti, I hear Jeff Pearce has some okay juveniles this year and I’ll stake my pound on this beating more than what beats it. However my bet in the race is a safe one. I don’t often get the nod from the Swinburn team but when I do its not normally far off. Moresco is a colt they rate highly and he performed full of credit on debut keeping on after meeting interference. Now I’m not sure what the overall strength of that maiden entails but he was certainly taking to the eye and the reports suggest he has improved and has been impressing with competitive handicap 2nd Silver Print at home. Whilst that is only rated 75, he met a class act last time and he in turn also looks well treated. I rate Moresco’s 4th to Four Winds and I’m convinced that was a hot maiden. The winner was 3rd to the classy Kite Wood on Saturday and the 2nd and 5th have won impressively since in similar contests. Moresco at around 5/1 looks a stonking ew bet to me today. Keep an eye out for Gaelic Rose who is held in some regard but whatever she does this year is a bonus.

Up at Newcastle I’m very keen on Tiger Reigns in the 2.50. Very green and inexperienced on debut he stayed on powerfully to close in on 3rd close home and looks a progressive type. I am informed that he has improved again since and that his work at home has been quite exciting. They are expecting a major improvement today and he can prove too good for the quirky and reluctant Custody.

The 3.20 is open, but I’m told to have my ten bob on ARTSU. Our Bell spy has said one thing this year to me and that’s this horse needs cut in the ground and a strong 6f to pounce off. He has both today and whilst Jack Dean became his 10th partner of the season last time he failed to keep him straight which cost him victory. Call on Gary Bartley, pilot number 11 this season. This horse has been the subject of Musical Jockey’s this season but with his win coming on his 6th start this season there has been another 5 misses, before number 12. Okay it has no relevance but I’m struggling to work out why so many different jockeys, I doubt Paris Hilton would be able to keep up with the number of lads this ones had on its back this season but lets hope Bart can do the part. Artsu is at least in good form unlike the majority of his rivals and his proven ability on this ground and trip opens the door for him again today. I think at around 7/1 he does offer each way value and will be staking ew this afternoon.

Good Luck

Chris

Chris

I pondered over Artsu myself however I quite like the Dodds pair Balakiref and Charles Parnell who both won't be inconvenienced by the ground. Slight preference would be for Balakiref although like Artsu his recent record in large fields is not great. Avontuur down the bottom of the handicap should also be thereabouts.

Back