Two big handicaps on saturday

Outsider

Journeyman
Last year Christian William's had 1st and 2nd in the coral at kempton with CAP DU NORD winning and KITTYS LIGHT 2nd and won the Eider with Win my wings who then went on to win the Scottish national with Kittys light 2nd..
Kittys ran off 143 at ayr and then finished 3rd off 145 in the Bet365.
This saturday KL runs off 132 which shows how well handicapped it is.
CDN went up 5lb for winning last week but is 3lb out of the hcap with Frodon running but CW has booked an Irish claimer.
There is a chance last weeks exertions might have an effect but to me CDN looks a solid bet.

I've done the double at 5/1 and 4/1.

Now for my negativity
The Eider is only worth £45 000 whereas the Scottish national is £85 000 and the bet 365 is worth £90000 so having got its mark down to a nice mark are they going to risk it for 45g or save it for the Scottish national and then with a rise they could still win the bet 365.
I know it sounds stupid as 45g is not to be sniffed at but it's just the way my old brain works.
If it wins off 132 and goes up 8lb it would only be 3lb lower than last years SN and if he won that he wouldnt be better off than last years bet365.
It should win the Eider but if it doesnt then dont give up on it.

Sound writing, mate.

I was a mug not to back CDN on Saturday. Just looked at my notes and I said on there I thought he'd get 3m.

Was away in Edinburgh and wasn't near my home PC where my notes are kept. Doh!

I'll have a look at the Eider and see what I think.

KL is the sort who gets behind then stays on, isn't he. To my mind the Scottish Nash looks the one for him; it gives him a chance to get going. However, they'll need to make sure his mark goes up in order of making sure he'll get in at Ayr. So The Eider is certainly a possibility, too. On Sturday the ground will be key. I think he likes genuinely good ground, don't you?

Cheers mate.id like KL to win by 1L and only go up a couple of pounds.
KL is only 7 and seems to have been around for years.

Fingers crossed.

I might have to have a rethink regarding Kittys light as last year there was a 3 week gap between the Scottish national and the bet365 and this year there is only a week.
Cant see it running in both so I'm more confident about tomorrow now.

Back