Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They Will Both Win

• They Will Both Lose

• Total voters

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Two bottom clenching races for the layers today. I must admit i posted on here saying i would lay Bankable on principle and was directed by someone to find a piece of form that suggested it shouldn`t be a 7/4 shot. Well, i couldn`t. So i`ve backed him at 3.1 on the machine (it has drifted since the King`s Stand may have suggested that he could be on the wrong side)

Anyway, DoM doesn`t convince me to be honest. I reckon his two Group 1`s were soft and he is no 6/4 shot imo.

I can only say that I would have voted to lay Bankable, my only reasoning is and I confess I have not seen the race, is thatfor me 7/4 in a 30 runner race is too short a price because there is so much that can go wrong. I do not hold an account on any of the machines but 3/1 does seem nearer the price that would have tempted me.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 18 2008, 12:58 PM
Anyway, DoM doesn`t convince me to be honest. I reckon his two Group 1`s were soft and he is no 6/4 shot imo.
I hope you're changing your opinion of this one Euro. Kevin Darley described him as the best bet of the week (before the race). AOB also made a quite telling remark that due to his injury early in his career he had not been using himself quite properly last season but is now. I think there may be even more to come from him. He was very good today.

No votes from me, but I would have laid them both for the reasons laid out by Euro and Tetley respectively.

My opinion of DoM has been altered by yesterday's display however.

As I mentioned yesterday, they took the pin out of the pastern he injured at 2, and that may have made the difference.

It's always encouraging and heart-warming to see a good horse come back to win at top level after something like that [Phoenix Reach did the same, and there are a couple of others who had the injury who came good too]

Back