Inglis Drever
Iris's Gift
Kasbah Bliss
Limestone Lad
Mighty Man
My Way De Solzen
Punchestowns
Time For Rupert

All of the above are in the peak of their careers and in top form. I understand some of them aren't good enough but I added them to make a full field.

Who wins?

Discuss.

Last edited:
You haven't included 'Daylight', who finishes second to Big Buck's. :whistle:

On a more serious note I think a lot would depend on the pace of the race.

Big Buck's first.

Tight between Baracouda and Iris's Gift for second. I know I've left out a triple World Hurdle winner but I think these two at their best were better than Inglis Drever, and that Big Buck's is the best of them all.

BB, BARACOUDA, tight for third betwen INGLIS DREVER and IRIS'S GIFT, but I'm taking Iris to blunder the last and get shaded by Drever. As the site says, the course has improved in drainage in the past 10-11 years, so it'd be beween whatever's done the biz since 2000.

I was going to put him first, because I just loved the horse. When he appeared at Fontwell, he was walked around in a full body rug (neck and head warmer, too) in the parade ring mid-morning, looking as enigmatic as he always seemed to be on course. He always gave me the impression of being a very self-contained horse, mulling matters over to himself - very little of that chummy, hallo-dear-friends looking around like KAUTO STAR, for example.

Last edited:
Big Buck's wins

Alternative if he wasn't there would be Brown lad. He was very similar horse to Big Bucks only he could jump so went Chasing and won 3 Irish Grand national. No other horse has even won 2. Class from head to toe.

Id have Baracouda first too - with BB second, IG 3rd, then Limestone Lad,Grand Crus, Inglis Drever and the rest strung out somewhere behind.

I reckon Baracouda is/was the only horse that could serve it up properly to Big Bucks.

I reckon if you sent Black Jack Ketchum to Paul Nicholls he'd be there or thereabouts. However, that wasn't the case, so for me it'd be.

Big Buck's
Baracouda
Inglis Drever
Iris's Gift
Black Jack Ketchum

Back