(Un)Sportingbet deposit rip-off

BruttoCattivo

At the Start
Sportingbet have announced that they will now charge customers for making deposits with debit cards. This is outrageous. Here are a couple of questions and answers from their Customer Help FAQs:

Why am I being charged to make a deposit?
From February 2012 part of the transaction cost/fee, previously absorbed, will now be passed on to the Customer.
From the recent OFT report on airlines and other operations making "hidden add-on charges" we learnt that banks made charges to vendors for accepting debit card payments of approximately 20p per transaction. I was charged £1 to make a deposit of £160. A 900% profit is not to be sniffed at in these trying times.

Can I reduce deposit fees?
If you wish to make a deposit, you can reduce or cancel any pending withdrawal instead, thereby incurring no fees for the deposit.
Well, that's a generous concession. You will incur no charges if you use funds that are already resting in your account (copyright Father Ted).

Over the years I have been requested to close my account by a few bookmakers. I have had others close my account by suddenly and mysteriously going out of business. To the best of my recollection Sportingbet will be the first bookmaker that I have banned from taking my bets.

It's a disgrace. Betfair charge for Irish debit card deposits but refund it to your account within 24 hours.

I was amazed to see that they operate in Australia -they give the impression of being a second rate outfit trying to make make a few quid the easy way.

Went to Cheltenham with them for the queen mother sponsored day last year but Had a few problems with my account afterwards,not used them for a while but definitely wouldn't use them now.very amateurish.

****note to sportingbet****
Less money to Mick Fitzgerald and more customer service.

Back