Uncollected Docket from track

del boy

Senior Jockey
"A Friend" of mine was at Dundalk last Friday night, and forgot to collect a bet...now the bookmaker is not one of the major ones, and the next meeting is not until next February...will "my Friend" be able to get his money any other way? (Hes quite dim)

Does the bookmaker in question have a shop or anything?

I'd check Tatts rules on this one if not.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Shocking behaviour. I just think some people should not be left out. If you can give a valid reason, Im talking unraced 17 yo maiden that took your mind of the punting, I might tell you how to collect.

Quite the opposite in fact,it was a 30 something year old FOX hunter on a christmas party night out....

She was very fresh, so i just gave her her head and let her stride on, let her have things her own way up front.....No point in dissappointing her now was there?!

If this doesn’t persuade them to “go racing” nothing will.

Not collecting on course is a common occurrence. You should contact the bookmaker from the details on the receipt or write to whatever association the bookmaker is signed up to with details of the wager and a cheque will be forthcoming.

The bookmaker in question is Michael Kennedy, "For the best bets"....its not a name i recognise. There are no other details on this docket re contact details..

Kennedy stands at virtually all meetings in the north-east, del boy, and is fairly good with stuff like that. His daughter is the one that handles that sort of thing, but if you approach him on track he will gladly accomodate you.

Back