US Ranger

Guest_

At the Start
Into 9/2...thought he would be Champion Sprinter elect by now....was a big fan of him earlier in the season...surely impossible to have much confidence in his chances today?

Best watched!

He's an utter pig, if he wasn't a Ballydoyle inmate he'd be called all the names under the sun by now.

Jockeys who raced on the further side on the track need their heads examining. Convinced Corrybrough and Ancien Regime would have placed had they O'Neill and Robinson had some sense.

Last edited:
Can't have it that his problems this year are ground related. He was seriously impressive on heavy ground as a 2-y-o in France.

He's been tried in 9 group races now and not won one and only placed in 3. He simply isn't good enough to win a sprint at this level.

Declared for Saturday with no Murtagh (rides Astronomer Royal) but with blinkers!!!

It's a hard call tomorrow. The 7f course at Longchamp takes a special kind of horse, the first couple of furlongs are basically down hill and round a bend. A lot of good horses simply get beat by the track, whilst others just love it. Just look at last year's Forêt result. It's a definite minimum stakes race.

Maybe the blinkers will work, but I'd be more inclined to think they might have the opposite effect. I haven't seen any prices for the race but if Duff was a mega price I don't think you'd be wasting a fiver, he could well be up to this class.

Last edited:
Maybe the blinkers will work, but I'd be more inclined to think they might have the opposite effect. I haven't seen any prices for the race but if Duff was a mega price I don't think you'd be waisting a fiver, he could well be up to this class.

Duff will be very big on the PMU. It's given as the rank outsider in the Paris Turf and hasn't been picked by any of the French newspaper pundits.

Hes with a very good trainer now though - Drysdale who isn't bad at getting the best out of a jaded/thinking horse.

I love the Owners' citation; " [SIZE=-1]Allen, Magnier, Smith, Et Al "

Starlarks ran earlier in the card, anyone know how she ran?

[/SIZE]

Back