Water, Water everywhere and not a drop to drink.

barjon

Rookie
Racing all over the place today and I was expecting my email to be red hot with alerts. Thought internet must be down when there was just the one lonely message from Timeform. Only had two horses in it and one of those just said “watch”. Here they are:

Cool Dividend 8:20 Doncaster 6/1 atm - “watch” dunno why I noted that without further comment. Must have read or heard something, I suppose. I’ll be dutiful and just watch. He has been gelded and this Is his handicap debut.

Hopeful 3:15 Newmarket 3/1f atm - I thought she ran a very nice race last time, looking as though she had come to win her race, but not quite lasting out and nabbed by the fast finishing winner. Dropped back to 1m this time and ground will suit her.

I’m not a “system” person, but the “handicap debut, down in class, up in distance” combination did rather well last season. A couple of recent ones - Sir Mark Prescott had Knight Templar beaten a short head at Beverley. Only 11/2, but the bookies know his modus operandi so hammer the price despite no form. At Bath there was Ed Dunlop’s Thrilling Dream who won at 11/1 (kicking myself for missing it) and Fahey’s Ziggy’s Condor beaten on the line at York at 12/1 (missed that one, too).

I don’t want to hold out false hopes so I’ll report on these retrospectively to record how they go.

Back