Wednesday 12th April 2023

yorick

Conditional
Well, how surprised was i to see that Lounge Lizard was declared a NR lto because of the 'going'? Here was I, convinced that his breeding called for soft or heavy ground and he was pulled out because the ground was riding too soft.

So, today, I am, once again dithering about the going. It is currently riding 'Good to soft', according to the clerk of the course. Will that be 'good' enough? Well lto, when he won, the going was dsecribed as 'good' but, as I watched there seemed to be more juice than that. At any rate, he's still in as I write so I must trust the trainer, I suppose.

In my previous posts on the horse, I have written that I'd be happy for him to be put away to grow and develop and then come back as a second-season chaser ready to go to war.

However, it seems to me that trainer Daly is keen to get him ready to contest better class chases next year and to do that he'll need his rating to go up a few pounds. With that in mind, I must back him today and hope he's on the button and ready to do the job on the ground.

Lounge Lizard - 2.00 Southwell 7/2 win

I see that In Excelsis Deo runs again, only this time back to 2m once more. I will back him because of that but with reservations, since it may be that he's turning out to be a bit of a monkey.

We'll see.

Back