Wednesday 1st November 2023

yorick

Conditional
There's one I feel inclined toards today:

Al Rufaa - 6.15 Kempton 17/2 Ew 1/5th odds 5Places Skybet

I made a note of this one two runs ago at Chester in May:

27/05/23 Chester 7f Gd Cl 2.

'This looked for all the world like a prep run. Made lovely, stealthy headway in the final furlong with very tender assistance from the jockey. Higher than his LWR, they’ll shed a few pounds for this and then maybe another shot at Newmarket (won there twice). Raced in the Bunbury Cup last term off 99 (btn 4.5L) and this run could well drop him to 87, which would be of interest.'

11/06/23 Goodwood 7f g/f Cl 3

'Took keen hold here and never in it. May well not have liked the undulations of the course.
Noteworthy that, when with Gosden, trainer reported that the horse can “over race” and that “putting the hood back on him has helped” when he won. They’ve raced him without any headgear at all since he joined his new stable.'

Down to an OR of 84 here. They're applying a hood for the first time this season, C/D winner, drawn well. In August last year he was beaten 1.5L by Mitrosonfire, giving 12Lbs. Getting 4Lbs today.

Must be worth a shout.

Not this time.

At no point in the race did he look like winning, did he.

Utter rubbish. I'm very disappointed with that. :(

Sometimes I find that it does depend on the trainer (I can't justify my thoughts on this as I would struggle to put my reasoning into words)

yorick;bt1822 said:
Not this time.

At no point in the race did he look like winning, did he.

Utter rubbish. I'm very disappointed with that. :(

Notice he wins nto after the non-trying here.

Was on at 7/1 but, honestly, that Kempton 'run' was a disgrace.

Back