Wednesday 27th September 2023

yorick

Conditional
Since my fortunes seem to have improved markedly of late (That's jinxed it!), I thought I'd 'publish' my two fancies today:

Typewriter - Goodwood 4.50 9/1 Ew

I noted this filly earlier in the season, particularly her run at York in late May (Gp3), behind River Of Stars (now rated 106), beaten 4.5L at levels. That was eye-catching, I thought, with nice late headway. Since then, she's been highly tried in Cl 2's and at distances which may have been beyond her. I see that there's a Ces entry but I think this 14f here may be more like it. That was the distance of the May effort and I like that they've dropped her back in distance. Also notable is the drop in class to Cl3.

In a 'dead eight' runner field, the ew price looks worth a try, for sure.

Secondly, I will have a go with another horse that's been of interest:

Arthur's Realm - Goodwood 5.20 3/1 win

To be honest, I really do have an idea that this gelding might benefit from a rise in trip to 12f. However, that's just a hunch, given the breeding, but two facts lure me into backing him here: jockey Buick rides and a visor is applied for the first time. He's below his LWR and dropped back to the same Cl4 in which he achieved that last win, too.

2 X Singles
Ew Double

Have a look and see if you agree.

Arthur's Realm = dodgepot; just not in love with he game or the slightest bit inclined to go past and win.

Back