Wednesday 3rd July2024

yorick

Conditional
No joy yesterday. Londoner is one I expected more of, obviously and was gutted he failed to hit the first four although I wouldn’t say that his jockey looked overly concerned; not the strongest of drives, by any means. The jury’s still out as to the ideal distance. It could be 7f, it could be 9f, I’m just not sure on this evidence. I’m inclined towards 7f, given the breeding but I am sure that the old fox has something definite in mind for Londoner and his mark will drop by at least 2Lbs for this.

I’m not sure if my Mullins chaser would have won but he was upsides at the last before coming down. He was also badly hampered by one of the loose horses. I’m not sure if that made a huge difference as to the end result mind.

I’m on one bet today and it's Twelfth Night – 4.55 Thirsk 12/1 Ew. I thought he ran a lovely race on his seasonal debut at Ripon off 89 over an inadequate 5f. I thought he would have done better since but he’s down to 83 now over a more suitable 6f and the 12/1 does look good enough value and I’d hope for a frame berth at least. We’ll see about that. It's tough race so not a resounding bet. I'll do it for medium shekels
I’ll be lightly pencilling in Cross Border (Tipperrary 6.10) too but he’s hardly one to recommend strongly since he’s a hold-u sort who needs things to go his way, as they say. At 50/1 he’s worth a smidgeon of a wager for me.

Back