Wednesday Bets

I think most are letting everything stand, with some minor differences. Paddy Power, for example, say:

All bets for Wednesday's racing at Cheltenham will stand for their rescheduled slots on Thursday and Friday. Any bet placed after the final declarations, 10am Tuesday (10am Monday for the Queen Mother Champion Chase) can be cancelled on customers' request. No bet placed prior to the final declarations can be cancelled.

Mentioned in the other thread that Betfair have voided all day of the race markets.

the things people worry about! did you back a horse in a race or a day ??? everybody is the same boat here, but we have just been waiting for people / trainer /punters / owners / jockeys to claim "we would have won if the race was run on wednesday!"

Crazyhorse, the reason people might worry is that ALL the races on Thursday are now on the Old Course so Going, by the end of the day, will be dire. It also means some races will a different distance from what they would have been eg World Hurdle will be a furlong longer, not good news for doubtful stayers like Hardy Eustace. They decided to save the New Course for ALL the races on Gold Cup day - but going on that will be pretty awful late on Friday esp as a lot of rain is predicted during the day

Betfair has voided all bets made last night - I put in three hours work late last night...

I've now got to run over everything again and check and re-do - might not get the same prices now either :suspect:

The Gold Cup itself will be run on virgin ground, though, right? First chase on the New course?

Originally posted by Headstrong@Mar 12 2008, 12:57 PM

Betfair has voided all bets made last night - I put in three hours work late last night...

At first i was annoyed about this, but with no rain so far since yesterday i`m kind of glad my lay of VPU has gone.

Well yes, but I decided to try to boost what's left of my liquid bank this afternoon and finished up by depleting it :rolleyes:

I'll have to make a new list of the re-schedule and just re-do tomorrow...

Back