Weights Rise in Pierse

montyracing2

At the Start
Just read on another forum that dueto Newmill's non-participation, the weights will be increased by 8lbs - is this allowed/will it happen?

MR2

I had a good saver on Pennys Bill, can not believe he is bigger than 100/1 in betfair after the weight rise.

Well done SB.I had a few quid on Psycho-was giving him plenty of encouragement despite my 4 year old daughter asking me why was I shouting.

Think Pennys bill was 4th last year. The race is worth so much people keep horses all year for it. Kinda like the Galway plate. Backed Carthalawn e/w (3rd)

Just read the Turf's Club reasoning, doesn't seem sound to me.

Weights in the Pierse Hurdle had to go up 8lbs because of conditions concerning a minimum top weight, agreed!

But, in the case of the Pertemps they only needed to raise weights 4lbs such that no horse ran out of its handicap i.e. Takeyourpick (9-06 to 9-10).

So why raise the Pertemps weights by 8lbs, when in line with the Pierse they could have raised them 11lbs?

Seems cock-eyed to me.

MR2

Just read the Turf's Club reasoning, doesn't seem sound to me.

Weights in the Pierse Hurdle had to go up 8lbs because of conditions concerning a minimum top weight, agreed!

But, in the case of the Pertemps they only needed to raise weights 4lbs such that no horse ran out of its handicap i.e. Takeyourpick (9-06 to 9-10).

So why raise the Pertemps weights by 8lbs, when in line with the Pierse they could have raised them 11lbs?

Seems cock-eyed to me.

MR2

The minimum top weight in an Irish handicap is 11-07...that is why the Pertemps had to be raised as well by the same amount - 10,13 to 11,07.

Thanks, Galileo - It had all left me and my trends effort very confused. A bit annoyed as well because following the weight rise 'Pennys Bill' crept into my consideration. Decided to remain with my selection from the initial racecard weights. Bugger!!!!

MR2

It would make for a very interesting Grand National if Denman is declared a non-runner on the morning and the weights do not go up. The alternative handicap only comes into play when the top weight is 7lbs clear.

Back