Well Done & Thanks

Guest_

At the Start
Thanks to Col and Gareth for getting the place back up only hours after it was hacked into.

Great work.

What's all this and does it affect any of our private details, ie email addys?

And yes well done, what nightmares the internet can throw up

Originally posted by Headstrong@Apr 7 2008, 03:36 PM
We're still trying to find out exactly what was done.

Your passwords are stored in encrypted form in the database. However, I would recommend changing your forum password anyway, preferably to something nice and strong (i.e. mixed case, numbers, punctuation etc.).

Given events of today no new members will be cleared until Col and the mods are happy that the forum is safe and secure. Apologies for the likely delay for anyone signing up.

Yikes. Not good :suspect:

Expect to here of a Warbler found swimming with a lawn mower tied round their legs in the next few weeks

I reckon it was those American spooks that have too much time on their hands now that they are not allowed fly planes into buildings anymore.

Hard to see why someone with ability to hack in this site should bother when they clearly have the ability to do better things. Ah well.

Well done on getting it back so quickly and perhaps the thought of the impact of it all disappearing will make everyone more aware of its value.

Originally posted by Tout Seul@Apr 7 2008, 06:54 PM
Hard to see why someone with ability to hack in this site should bother when they clearly have the ability to do better things.
..or worse things.

If this is the limit of their malice, the world can't be that bad a place.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn+Apr 7 2008, 05:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gareth Flynn @ Apr 7 2008, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Headstrong@Apr 7 2008, 03:36 PM
We're still trying to find out exactly what was done.

Your passwords are stored in encrypted form in the database. However, I would recommend changing your forum password anyway, preferably to something nice and strong (i.e. mixed case, numbers, punctuation etc.). [/b][/quote]
It might be worth changing your password on sites where you use the same username and password as on this one.

Sorry to see Forum Gold seems to have gone and all the threads about Alan .

What possesses people to do such malicious things escapes me .

Originally posted by Ardross@Apr 8 2008, 11:14 AM

That’s exactly what I thought of straight away James. All the Rooster Booster thread etc.

Originally posted by Ardross@Apr 8 2008, 10:14 AM

I may have a back up of those on the old computer but I'm not sure there's any way of reinstalling them and keeping the existing threads on here, well not unless I did them line by line which wouldn't be easy.

Back