Welsh Emperor

swedish chef

At the Start
Lots of good racing today, but I'm really looking forward to Welsh Emperor attempting the hatrick tonight at Haydock. 11years old now, I hope the old boy wins by a street and then they retire him. They've even named the race after him tonight. Good luck to all connected, Only cost 8,500Guineas - 73 runs 13wins 15 x 2nds and 7 x 3rds over £400,000 in earnings and has never missed a season since 2001 - wouldn't we all love one like him.:thumbsup:

Me too - those old handicappers are great!

Dont worry, Cat - BONFIRE looks like he's going to be a grand servant to you as well!

You surely jest. Ever since I've been punting this has always been the worst Saturday of the summer. Always pleased to find myself working.

Welsh Emperor isn't a handicapper.

For punting purposes I've never found Saturdays good for having a bet unless its a Group1 race - but I do enjoy watching the large field h'caps unfold.

Welsh Emperor was and probably still is a top class horse in soft ground.

It's the usual Summer issue, the Saturdays are absolutely woeful in between the July festival, King George, Glorious Goodwood and Ebor festivals and two of those don't race on Saturday.

I think the Saturday in August with the Great St Wilfred as the highlight is worse myself.

Back