Welsh National

Guest_

At the Start
This race is made for Homer Wells? Marathon slog over 3m5f in soft ground....jumping can sometimes be an issue but he looks sure to be there or there abouts.

I personally wouldn't write off last years' winner.

Will be readied for this race i would imagine and has done ok when seen out this year.

Will be interesting to see how Gungadu goes too.

Was disappointed by Homer Wells last time and wouldn't have fancied him on that basis but when you poke through the form of the others then there doesn't seem to be that much depth and far more question marks surrounding them.

He's got a fair chance.

A race made for Korelo, if he was running :D. Unfortunatly he won't be at Chepstow tommorow.

I`ve laid Gungadu in this win and place. Very false price for a horse unproven over the trip. We all know where the short odds come from and it aint through form.

I didn't think GUNGADU stayed at Cheltenham in the four-miler (fell 2 out, but was buggered and wouldnt have been placed). He doesn't really need these extreme trips.

The winner is young enough to make substantial improvement but the owner ruled out going to the Grand National this season anyway.

The way he won on Saturday was wonderful to see - ears pricked, relaxed and happy, won going away, and got a really good ride from Andy T [who imo rides these chasing stayers brilliantly - rides long, lets them get in a rhythm, and gives them bags of confidence]

I don't think we've seen the best of this horse yet. he's been brought along very gently, never been over-faced, and has been trained with the longterm in view. The owners don't want to go for the GN, and may never do so - this horse is their first and means so much to them.

it's a bit of a shame he didn't get his due [on tv at least] on Saturday due to the prevailing Kautomania

Back