What are you backing Today? - Cheltenham Wednesday

65/1 shot Theilval runs one again in NJH dad's race...sure to be tuned up to run a decent race and Nico on board you can have a sporting bet at 7/2-4. him being in he 1st 6 home

Daryl Jacob rides Monte Christo who looks to be improving and likely Nickys best chance of winning the handicap...

Last edited:
Bob Olinger most important bet of the week for me. Been backing it since Ferny Hollow was ruled out for the season. BMG and GDM in a few multis as cover

Guard your Dreams in the Coral Cup

The market behind CPS has been off all season. I couldn't have Altior and I can't have Nube Negra, Politologue or First Flow. Backed PTKO and Notebook in the w/o fav markets each way and got 33s very early doors about Cilaos Emery in the Autumn

I don't normally get involved in the bumper but I did step in when Sir Gerhard drifted to 10/3 after the DRF.

65/1 shot Theilval runs one again in NJH dad's race...sure to be tuned up to run a decent race and Nico on board you can have a sporting bet at 7/2-4. him being in he 1st 6 home

The soft ground microscope has seen to his demise...

Le Breuil for the Cross Country each way, JP’s 2 possibly three in the Coral Cup. Hoping Bob Olinger wins as well for a small treble I’ve done if Shiskin and Epatante win today.

A few each ways for me tomorrow.

1.20 Bear Ghylls
1.55 Sporting John
2.30 Botox Has
3.05 First Flow
3.40 Out Sam

Enjoying it so far.

Have a fair bet on Bob Olinger at 7/2, been very well backed so fingers crossed.
Have Monkfish to finish off a double with Shishkin, not at fancy prices though as only did it last week but over 6/4 on a 4/9 shot
Sir Gerhard in the Bumper

The four I picked ante-post for the Coral Cup have all shortened-up (couple of them halved in price), and I’m hopeful that the time I committed to the race, gets at least some reward.

I also hope that Bridget Andrews proves that I’m the sexist dinosaur I probably am, and wins on Amoola Gold. Stakes-wise, this is my number-one horse all week, and the take-out is very-much worth having.

The Monk is the bridge leg of the novice chaser treble. I will be incredibly disappointed if he can’t win the RSA.

Chacun is in a Monk/Envoi +3L winning-distance bet at 10/1. He is a Grade 1 horse in against G2 animals, imo, and 4/5 is a tremendous price.

I’ve a smallish bet on Olinger to kick things off.

Sir G, hammer, long nail etc.

Will oppose Easysland in the XC. Ground against him, I think.

If First Flow places I might give up betting.

I think he's the best each way value in the race now.

I took 18s for my £1 each way lucky 31.

Theres obviously a ton of cash for the favourite, who is still shortening into 4/11 now.

I don't think this necessarily means the opposition, including First Flow are really poor horses though.

I think First Flow can make the first three.

Last edited:
I doubt the track will suit him

First Flow's improved nearly 20lbs on official ratings this season.

He's only been round here once in a novice hurdle where he was pulled up, apart from that he's mainly gone right handed.

I'll guess we'll find out if he's a right handed only horse tomorrow.

There'll always be a question mark about a horse of his price in a race like this.

That's what top horses often have to do - prove they can do something they're suspected of not being able to do or haven't been given a chance to prove they can do yet.

If you want everything proven on paper and 99.9 percent bombproof beforehand then just be prepared to back 4/11 shots all week.

Look at Defi last year. Look at Concertista today.

One or two will always fluff their lines.

I think First Flow will be alright.

I had to pick something each way for tomorrow so went for him.

Last edited:
Have taken 10s Monte Cristo for the Coral Cup. He's s very similar type to Grand Roi.

Good luck everyone

4.15-Embittered

3rd at the Festival last season and looks like been trained with this race in mind

Each Way @ 5-1 [Skybet]...6 places

Back