What we're looking forward to in 2009...

Gamla Stan

At the Start
Following on from the 2008 thread, this could also be pretty amusing reading in 12 months time...

I'll kick things off...

The French invasion of Newmarket on the first weekend of May
Overdose
Conduit

Things I'm not looking forward to...

Ffos Las
RP Site Charges

The Lincoln Day when proper racing returns, February 1st when good horses start to grace the Newmarket gallops once more.

A lovely horse of Stoute's who had an easy on debut finishing in mid pack winning the Derby. Highland Glen :)

Cheltenham (obviously) but also next year's Breeders Cup. Likely that there will not be a decent flat horse left in Europe with Santa Anita again hosting the event.

In respect to this place I'd like to see more of

BtB
Garney

and would like the return of;

Brian H
SteveM
Krizon
Honest Tom

There a few I'd to see the back of, but its Chrismas.

The Bumper System
Zenyatta
More Remember Rose, Loulia, Oculi, Denman, Kauto Star, Stravinsky Dance, Zaynar, Long Run etc.
Seeing Naaqoos take the Guineas and Proportional the fillies equivalent
The Breeders Cup
Triple Crown
Re-Emergence of Godolphin as a super power (despite 2008 being better than 2007 for them on the whole)
More top 3yos, 2yos, jump horses and the like
Overdose

Personally I'm looking forward to a new job and a new town/city and lots more racing :)

Seeing Naaqoos take the Guineas and Proportional the fillies equivalent

Re-Emergence of Godolphin as a super power (despite 2008 being better than 2007 for them on the whole)

First bit, spot on. I'll all be going on quite the Summer holiday should that come in.

Second bit, me thinks you've had a wee bit too much sherry this Christmas!

Im looking forward to seeing the back of 2008 to be honest. Hopefully the new year will be a better one.

well to be honest, with the list of people who used to post but don't anymore.....Good riddance!!

We have a fine bunch now and Merry Xmas to you all.

what I would love is:

1) Galileo to admit he is actually Aiden O'Brien
2) An Capall to actually tip a Bumper Winner:p
3) Gareth to admit he is Fallon
4) To say hello at Punchestown next year to one or more of you
5) Shadow: don't mellow:D
6) To keep close to my mate Merlin
7) Ariel to enjoy Imperial Commander winning the Gold Cup
8) Henderson winning the trainers championship
9) Denman returning the Champion that he is..or if not being safe
10) Warbler to shorten his war and peace posts:D Joking
11) less input on the horses departures list....Most important:)

Agree certain members are missed! Where is Venusian?? His/her insight in the bloodstock was always worth a read and Garney seems a judge and a half over in Ireland.

Looking forward to all the usual Classics, Cheltenham, Aintree etc...as Im sure everyone else on here are. Personally, I would like to see how the rest of the seaon pans out for Binocular and Punchestowns. I think both are seriously exciting. The same to a lesser extent applies to Diamond Harry and Hurracine Fly. I would like to see somone like V Williams getting a classy horse again, rememeber Teeton Mill anyone?? I think there are a lot of trainers who are not getting the horse especially over the jumps game eg Nick Williams, John Quinn,Wadham,Daly and many more.... I would like to see 'better' horses more spread out ie with more different trainers. That is to do with the owners though and everyone knows Nicholls has arguably the 'best' owners and 2009 will not solve this problem. I would love to see Jonjo and Nicholls swap jobs and see how they fare..... ( Another dream scenario) How can Jonjo is in a job still is beyone me. Fabre's training of Godawful horses should be interesting next year. Whats more interesting will be in a couple of year's time, how will Authorised, new Approach, Raven's Pass progeny compares to Coolmore. IF they are more successful, will there be a snub?? Coolmore do have a genius in OBrien in their camp but even he cant train a donkey to win a Guineas.

Flame - I heard Stoute has another one which has had one appearance but is a bit of a machine over middle distance next year....

Flat:

Overdose
Montmartre
Crowded House

Jumps

Monoalco running in England
Master Minded to prove again what he did last March
Neptune Collonges winning the Gold Cup.

Forum
more posts by Luis Martin.
Brian H back.

Meeting some people of the forum in one of my visits.

Forgot about Montmarte, it has legs like glass but it's an absolute monster. Love to see him take on Conduit in the Arc.

Vincennes in January
Auteil in May
Chantilly in June
St Cloud in July
Deauville in August
Longchamp in October

On a political level, I think we have very good administrations now in Spain, USA, Chile, Bolivia, Cuba and Venezuela. I think if their type of government diffuses to their neighbours we will soon have a better world.

Back