Which horse's colours are these?

Happy Jack

On a break
Hi all,

A colleague has come into possession of a photograph of a painting of a racehorse, and we are desperately trying to identify the animal.

The only clues we have is that it is apparantly a famous steeplechaser and the painting was done in (probably) the 1970s.

The colours the rider is wearing are: Light Blue, Gold hoop and armlets, Light Blue cap (possibly with Dark Blue spots, it's hard to distinguish).

Any ideas?

As simple as that! There was an excellent two page feature on Golden Millers owner in the RP a few months ago. The bookmakers she had an account with used to let her bet after the races were run as she slept during the day.

Last edited:
Outstanding work, thanks! Obviously we can't be sure it's Golden Miller, only that it is carrying Dorothy Paget's colours, but it is far more likely to be the Miller than it is Insurance, Roman Hackle, Mont Tremblant etc.

Last edited:
oh god - how bad is this - I knew I recognised the description of them, but couldnt think why. Im currently wearing my GM rugby shirt from turf legends.....

DURRRRR !!!!

Back