Wichita Lineman and the BBC

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
The usual outstanding work from the BBC. They had their cameras at Chepstow and yet decided not to show the most interesting race on the card. And for what, some completely pointless rugby match. Wankers.

Anyway, what a marvellous race. WL is a future National winner imo.

I am not McCoy's biggest fan but I thought he was brilliant on WL today. Seemingly at pains not to ask him for everything until late on and even then he was pretty sympathetic to the horse. Nice introduction.

I am not McCoy's biggest fan but I thought he was brilliant on WL today. Seemingly at pains not to ask him for everything until late on and even then he was pretty sympathetic to the horse. Nice introduction.

Touched 50 on betfair.An exciting race to watch.

I am not McCoy's biggest fan but I thought he was brilliant on WL today.

Brilliant doesn't say it - he lifted that horse home when he looked beaten; looked as though he needed another fence or two to catch them. Very nice performance for a novice.

He lifted him home but not in the usual McCoy way....firm with him, not hard with him as he can be at times.

...something Sam Thomas should take note of, he's riding shockingly of late. Mind you his ride on Mr Pointment today was the stuff that books should be thrown at, the horse clearly was only having a school around and not at any point did he attempt to put him into the race even though he was travelling easily. He should have been done, along with Nicholls, for the most blatant piece of non-trying I've seen in a long while.

That's the problem the stewards seem to take a view with those that are chasers over hurdles or pacemakers that "everyone knows so it doesn't matter". They refuse to enforce the rules on the blatant non-triers on that basis.

I agree, but that applies more to the likes of Nicholls who they wouldn't dare penalise, even in such a blatant case. When it comes to Joe Bloggs, small trainer, if their face don't fit, they're quite happy to do them in such a case. The system stinks.

McCoy was also at his brilliant best on Hills of Aran in the Pertemps qualifier, when chinning Forest Pennant near the line and costing me a tidy little sum in the process. Good day for the champ at Chepstow today.

The git. :mad:

AP was fantastic on WL and Hills of Arran.
No one can get them going like he can. Thats the reason JP owns him

Fantastic ride by McCoy indeed. The horse's jumping fell apart when the pace increased, which makes the ride all the more impressive.

Wichita Lineman is certainly an exciting staying chaser in the making, particularly if Jonjo can sort out his jumping at pace.

Rather surprising that there is no mention of his poor jumping in either the comments in-running or the RP analysis BTW.

Back