Wichita Lineman

eric c

At the Start
How can this horse be 5/1 for World Hurdle when he has not won since 07 as a novice----beggars belief---Mc Coy tells Harvey he was happy with him last day but says he needs 3 miles--softer the better. He will get his 3 miles at Cheltenham but it is hardly going to be soft ???.

I really don't know what to make of his prospects.At the start of the season I wanted to have a whopper of a bet on him for the festival.I thought his two runs this season were rubbish in the context of a potential festival winner but McCoy was fairly positive today and maybe a horse with his style of running will be better fresh.

Entered up on Saturday and fairly solid in the antepost markets.With the festival a month away and Jonjo starting to hit form you would really want to see him winning.

Contrast to Barry Keniry on Kasbah Bliss. Thought that was a cracking ride. It would have been so easy to go for the horse after the last, but he just steadied him nicely and then let him run away from them.

3 duds from Wichita so far this season.I don't think its a masterplan -even his most loyal supporters must be having doubts.

I also thought the ride was poor---he pushed the horse to the inside at first hurdle in straight--became unbalanced and he missed the next 2 flights. If he could have stayed wide and let the horse in the clear there may have been a different outcome.
That said he has a mountain to climb in 3 weeks time.

:angy: :angy: :angy:

There's something wrong with this horse in my opinion, probably physical. Looks to me that he's hurting. Certainly he has not fulfilled the promise he showed last season and can have little hope in the World Hurdle.

I'd still favour something like Blazing Bailey or Kasbah Bliss in the World Hurdle. I've never been too much of a fan of Inglis Drever and at his age should be well worth opposing.

A race with not one but two false favourites must be worth getting involved in!

Inglis Drever will win his third Stayers' next month. Oh ye of little faith Steve, he's already beaten your beloved Baracouda on the last two occasions they met - when you were still telling all and sundry Drever wasn't good enough to beat the mighty Baracouda!!!!

How many more races does the horse have to win (whilst opposed!!) before the non-believers believe?! I actually think he's posted some of his best performances this last year.

Still, it means I've been getting some cracking prices!! :D

I'd have to agree with SteveM..The Drever is worth opposing at the prices.. I've had a decent e/w bet on Blazing Bailey at 9's, and am expecting to collect..3 weeks today folks to the festival, am like a child on Christmas Eve..can't wait..

There seem to be a lack of young pretenders coming through to steal the crown from Inglis Drever in the way that he did from Baracouda. He's nine now and is at the vulnerable stage, but those he's faced before don't look up to the job, so I'd be mightily interested in Albanov if Meade's were running better, and have had a few specualtive shekels e/w today. I'll top up to something like a proper bet if Meade's start winning over the next couple of weeks, as he is the only viable alternative to the champ I can possibly see lining up.

Inglis Drever beat Mighty Man well last year. There is nothing of that class in this years renewal. Given that Inglis Drever appears to be improving, and definitely running sweeter. I think those looking for alternatives in search of value are missing what is right under their nose.

Originally posted by SteveM@Feb 19 2008, 03:59 PM
There's something wrong with this horse in my opinion, probably physical. Looks to me that he's hurting. Certainly he has not fulfilled the promise he showed last season and can have little hope in the World Hurdle.

I'd still favour something like Blazing Bailey or Kasbah Bliss in the World Hurdle. I've never been too much of a fan of Inglis Drever and at his age should be well worth opposing.

A race with not one but two false favourites must be worth getting involved in!
Steve welcome back mate hope your STILL skinning those bookmakers.....

I must personally lean towards the fav too and at this moment in time can't find anything to oppose him with................

So yes an hat trick lies awaiting to be claimed..........

Seconded, Garney. This place is better for Mr Millers prescence. Despite his misguided beliefs on certain horses abilities.

Drever backer signing in here too, although there was something to like at least about Kasbah Bliss the other day.

O'Neill's yard has been blighted by a virus since the end of last year. Although there have been signs of recovery there is still a question mark over the form of the horses. It seems slightly unfair to write off Wichita Lineman on the basis of 3 runs when the stable has been under a major cloud.

If we're all quite honest about it, O'Neill's yard has been under a cloud for about 4 or 5 seasons now, at least!! Hang on, how long ago did he move to Jackdaws?!

Back