Willie Mullins stable tour

chroniclandlord

Senior Jockey
The Mullins stable tour is in today's Racing Post. Hurrican Fly is due to start back at Punchestown next month, while Cooldine is expected back in the Durkan Chase in December.

Tarla, Uimhiraceathair and Themoonandsixpence are all out for most if not all of the season. I notice that neither Sportsline or Beroni are mentioned, does anyone know the story with these two?

Anyone else think Cooldine never right last season and may be a LOT better this time round?

Realistic Gold Cup contender in my opinion-would like to see him pick up a soft race to restore confidence.

I think he and Long Run (in terms of trading out after xmas) are the best bets as we speak.

Tarla, Uimhiraceathair and Themoonandsixpence are all out for most if not all of the season. I notice that neither Sportsline or Beroni are mentioned, does anyone know the story with these two?

Disappointing. Is it just me or has Mullins had terrible luck with injuries the last few years - particularly his chasers?

Last edited:
It is noticeable that the two trainers who refused to train for O'Leary both have horses for him now. Meade ran his last week and Mullins has one for him too. I thought O'Leary would support those trainers that bowed to his fixed fee policy in the past but clearly he wants to use Mullins/Meade now which means those other trainers are missing out on horses. While I see the logic, I still think the other trainers that have done well for him should be supported first.

While your points are valid I think your are being very unfair on O Leary. He is not capable of loyalty its not his fault.

Which horse, Aragorn?

Edit: sorry, read the whole thread.

Last edited:
Back