Wincanton

Colin Phillips

At the Start
I see that Rebecca Morgan is now C-o-t-C at Wincanton.

Does anyone know what her background and qualifications for this job are?

I know her as a rather ineffectual jobsworth at Cheltenham, where one of her duties was "looking after" press-pass applications.

Just wondering how she has risen to the giddy heights of the post at Winkers?

As far as I know Rebecca Morgan is still dealing with press accreditation at Cheltenham.

I know you may feel that position is jobsworth Colin but you can't have any scruffbag running around with free rein at Cheltenham (or anywhere else for that matter!) with press accreditation/photographers armbands. It is actually a serious business and one which needs strict policing or you get a free for all with anyone who's ever taken a photograph or written a letter to the local paper claiming to be a professional photographer or press and demanding accreditation/access all areas/perks et al.

.................but she isn't, or wasn't, much good at it...............and it does seem rather a big step up to Clerk of any Course.

Just my opinion, of course.

That's the first complaint I've heard about her! Don't let's forget that such a job is a thankless task - all those who are turned down will get the dog as they all seem to think that they have a right to press accreditation/photographers armbands even if they don't qualify - many don't who think they should.

but you can't have any scruffbag running around with free rein at Cheltenham (or anywhere else for that matter!) with press accreditation/photographers armbands

has something changed then?

norty

Obviously you haven't spoken to anyone issued with a green press pass for the Boylesports meeting.

The jobsworths on the gate hadn't been informed that holders of said pass didn't need a ticket as well.

It would have saved a lot of stress if she had done that.

:laughing:

Nevermind anything else - not since I last went to Chepstow have I come across as many p*ssed up scallies as at Wincanton!

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Feb 16 2008, 09:39 PM
Obviously you haven't spoken to anyone issued with a green press pass for the Boylesports meeting.
You're quite right - I've never come across anyone with a "green press pass" for Cheltenham, most of the ones who need press passes are metal badge holders anyway.

So, that one reason is why she is so crap at her job?!?!?!

I didn't say she was crap.....just not very good.

"You're quite right - I've never come across anyone with a "green press pass" for Cheltenham......"

So you don't know every feckin thing then!!! :P

Back