Windsor On Monday

Gamla Stan

At the Start
I don't like to bet this early in the flat season and I don't like to back Milton Bradley horses at the best of times, let alone when he hasn't had a winner for 8 months, this combined with the fact that the horse I fancy hasn't won for 2 years would probably make most people think I've gone crackers but Corridor Creeper makes quite a lot of appeal to me in the 4:00 Windsor tomorrow.

The 11 year old is now rated just 79, a far cry from when he was rated 23 pounds higher and running at Royal Ascot and on Derby day. He would pick up and carry this pretty weak field on his best form. He also seems to go well fresh and the most interesting thing is that Ryan Moore is booked to ride and I'm sure he's not riding him for sentimental reasons.

I think a lot of the Bradley horses will be very well handicapped if/when the yard regains form. Pure Imagination and Blue Tomato (with Bradley last season) both ran well on their seasonal reappearances for Dandy Nicholls the other week.

6/1 about Corridor Creeper seems fair and given the weak opposition, I may have a few shillings on.

Have had a tiny bet on the old fellow today at Goodwood in the 4.15.

He seems to have retained a bit of form and after two outings should be fit enough to run well in a pretyy ordinary event.

Back