Yahoo is Poo

icebreaker

At the Start
A personal rant:
In the greater scheme of things, this is of no interest to anyone else .............. but I need to get it off my chest !

For a couple of days I noticed that emails weren't coming through to my in-box ( was notified of this by a couple of other folks of this via PM).
Then yesterday morning, the Yahoo mailer page went completely down with a "TEMPORARY ERROR -- 14" message.
Googling this, I find that it is a not uncommon situation. Many people have been on the receiving end of this, and it remains unresolved for most. People are angry about it (me included, obviously).

The upshot is that due to Temporary Error 14, emails cannot be accessed or sent. I am waiting on one particularly important email of a legal nature, others of lesser importance from social, personal and financial/business sources. I have to try and contact all my "contacts" to inform them of an alternative email address (Gmail), but many of these "contacts" I cannot remember their own email address because I can't access my Yahoo contact list either.

I have emailed Yahoo but received no reply.
I have tried phoning their customer-care three times, but nobody is answering.

I is seething. :mad:

I hope it doesn't happen to any of you nice folks on here, but a warning that it might -- and to always have a back-up alternative in place.
Better still, migrate your email affirs over to a proper carrier like Gmail !

This error has existed in Yahoo Mail for years. It is unbelievable that they continue to advise steps like clearing out temporary internet files and cookies - I ran into this issue with my partner's private email account before Xmas (and again yesterday).

I had about 6 different devices in front of me (a mixture of tablets, laptops and phones) and not a single one of them were able to connect due to this error. Quite clearly it is a problem with Yahoo server side yet they haven't addressed this at all.

Shambles of a company.

When we left AOL a few years back I tried Yahoo as an email provider & it was awful, went over to gmail & never had a problem since

How dreadful that this completely free service is experiencing a temporary technical error. Who to complain to???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a company has set itself up to provide a particular service, then it is incumbent for that company to eradicate a major glitch in its base code, irrespective of whether the service is free or not. Simple good management and brand-reputation protection dictates that.

This thing is more than temporary; I'm still refused access to my account a week on. I've given up trying to contact Yahoo customer care.
Respectfully, until it happens to you, you will not appreciate the headache this causes.

Good luck with that, I know people who have been locked out for months. Some craic when it's your main email account and you need a password reset to another site.

Cheers mate. The damage limitation work is in progress as best I can, but the whole thing is such a pain. Loss of contact addy's, calling to bank and other institutions to explain the situation etc etc. Even a small thing like motor tax renewal -- PIN number has been sent to the Yahoo address and won't be re-sent ............ so a 55 mile roundtrip to the city to speak with the MotorTax people in person.
Some craic when it's your main email account and you need a password reset to another site.
Too right, there !
As another example, bookies and Betfair passwords now can't be re-set until they accept and verify an alternative emaill address.
I only thank God that I use LastPass for all my passwords and sites.

Back