Yet another tech issue (apologies)

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
I know my IT skills are limited so I'll always be grateful for the help I've had on here.

Sadly I find myself clueless yet again...

I recently bought a new [second-hand from the local PC shop, who are very good] laptop and the chap transferred everything over from my old laptop before I took possession of this one.

However, there were some things that didn't operate quite in the way that I was used to so, in a moment of mad endeavour, I decided to delve into the gubbings of this new laptop to try and put things right and, needless to say, I've only gone and made a cvnt of it.

For some reason, since yesterday, I need to log into every site I visit. I need to fix that and don't know how. I tried a system restore (going back a week) but it hasn't made any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'll probably need more help for other things once this issue is sorted but I'll settle for this right now.

Last edited:
However, there were some things that didn't operate quite in the way that I was used to so, in a moment of mad endeavour, I decided to delve into the gubbings of this new laptop to try and put things right and, needless to say, I've only gone and made a cvnt of it.

I had another dive into the gubbings - can't remember now what I actually did - but it seems to be letting me in again without signing in.

More issues to come...

Yes, I think I tried to clear all cookies and block all new ones.

It looks like I've managed to reverse that.

Some people are paranoid about cookies but I really don't bother about them.
If you don't visit dodgy sites they are not a problem.

Back