Yippee!! Jumps, Jumps, jumps

barjon

Conditional
Here we go then, hope everyone has a cracking season. I suppose it’s really a day for watching and enjoying, but I dare say the odd bet will not be resisted.

1:50 - Some old friends in this. Danny Kirwan goes well fresh, but it looks like the ground is going against him. The form of Thomas Darby goes in and out like a fiddlers elbow, but he’s another who shines early.

DANNY KIRWAN looked to be going very easily in a prominent position, the emptied very quickly just ove three out. Not a bad run from THOMAS DARBY, but never seriously threatened. For the race itself, the winner was a steamer so the market called it

2:10 - Can’t see past Captain Teague.

2:48 - Not hard to resist a bet in this one. I’ll be focusing on Panjar, a new recruit for Nicholls from Germany, to see what he’s made of.

Another who ran nicely, then emptied quickly

3:23 - Looks to be some good potential in this novice handicap chase. I heard somewhere that Ioupy Collonges is thrown in, but the relentless Chianti Classico starts his chasing career and must have a really good chance if he takes to it.

3:58 - Absolutely no idea. A general watch to see if anything leaps out.

4:33 - Ditto, although Lucinda Russell has sent Lebowski a long way and her runners have been on fire lately. (ps: one of Scudamore’s who followed him up there, so maybe owner down this way- very well thought of, anyway)

Conditions pretty horrible by this stage no can’t draw conclusions

5:08 - Faustinovick won his opener last season (on this course) and frustrated thereafter. He owes me and will probably owe me more if I back him.

he would have done!!

Shame, conditions went from reasonable to bad to worse to well nigh impossible.

Highlights were Captain Teague who won pretty much as he liked, albeit that his hurdling was a it iffy and Chianti Classico who looks useful. Otherwise comments in red above.

Bit of a question mark over Nicholls runners given that three of them looked be going well then emptied extremely quickly towards the end. Not quite there yet?

Last edited:
Back