York - Day 3

Hamm

At the Start
Any fancies?

The horse I'm most looking forward to seeing today is Wedding March at Newbury. Think she'll be one to come into her own today, and could yet be an Oaks horse.

Are people getting carried away with the choice that Frankie has made in the Yorkshire Cup? I'd give Wajir a bigger chance
than his price suggests - even factoring in a couple of points for the above average chance that Godolphin have f*coed things up.

Card decimated by non-runners today - already 4 out of the 6f handicap, Kite Wood out too Betsmate so Frankie rides Wajir.

cheers. I've been snowed under this morning and hadn't checked. I'd better go and check the reduction factor damage...

York non-runners:
1.40: 1 Above The Stars
2.10: 7 Siberian Tiger, 10 Thin Red Line, 15 Bothy
2.40: 1 Furmigadelagiusta. 4 Kite Wood, 8 Clowance
3.10: 3 Decorative, 4 Deirdre, 7Snow Fairy
3.45: 13 Royal Holiday
4.20 6 Enderby Spirit, 7 Sonny Red, 8 Cheveton, 14 Tajneed
4.55: 2 Sunny Game, 6 Zuider Zee, 7 Tamanaco

Uninspiring in comparison to the previous two days. Yesterday really was a cracker. Both of those Group 2's could well have been group 1's, particularly the middleton.

Perhaps i have lost the plot but Kite wood acted well on good to firm last year and Wajir clearly looks better on soft, but i guess the boys in blue know what they are doing.

Really, really liked Manifest - would love him to continue his improvement and become an Ardross/Buckskin H Cecil stayer - he's certainly got the looks.

Back