York Day 3

Light From Mars is a well handicapped horse, gained his latest win at the track and various efforts this year suggest he's capable of winning a race like this, he should have won from higher at Kempton on his reappearance and his Bunbury Cup third was a very good effort. This should play more to his strengths than the listed races he's been getting turned over in and at 20's he looks well worth having a go with.

Light From Mars is a well handicapped horse, gained his latest win at the track and various efforts this year suggest he's capable of winning a race like this, he should have won from higher at Kempton on his reappearance and his Bunbury Cup third was a very good effort. This should play more to his strengths than the listed races he's been getting turned over in and at 20's he looks well worth having a go with.

Tend to agree with you there, I've always liked the horse and won at York before. He doesn't win that often though and I'd certainly be keen to back him EW, especially with such favourable EW terms being a 18 runner handicap.

At a big price, I quite like Classic Colori, he's been very well regarded and running in top class races. He's been gelded since those efforts and may have improved for that so at 33/1, is worth a small poke EW.

Proponent should be in the places at least you would imagine.

Woolton Bassett is very, very short in the opener.

Zarebiya is a horse I have liked since her debut and I do not think Oxx would be sending her over unless he quite fancied her.

Thinking probably worth a lay and place lay.

I thought he'd be around 4/1! Shows what I know..

17 runners in a layer's favour and only one of them could put it up to him. Nice performance.

Happy if I could lay horses like that at 11/8 all season. Market still all wrong for me.

Horses at those kind of odds in that kind of big-field race full of already decent/unexposed/ potentially improving types, sure. Horses as good as that particular one? No thanks (speaking as a small layer of him today!).

Fancy Suruor could run a big race in the 2.50 ran a good race at ascot extra furlong should help does not look much of a race.

I didn't back Margot Did but I'd be very annoyed with Hayley Turner if I did - how do you find that much trouble on the second favourite in an 8 runner race down the York straight?

After her woeful ride on the same horse in the Princess Margaret (watch the last furlong), I'd be shocked if she kept the ride on this horse.

Horses at those kind of odds in that kind of big-field race full of already decent/unexposed/ potentially improving types, sure. Horses as good as that particular one? No thanks (speaking as a small layer of him today!).

Yes, but you only knew that afterwards!

There are plenty of horses priced up based on trainers comments, and I'd always be a layer of them.

I didn't back Margot Did but I'd be very annoyed with Hayley Turner if I did - how do you find that much trouble on the second favourite in an 8 runner race down the York straight?

After her woeful ride on the same horse in the Princess Margaret (watch the last furlong), I'd be shocked if she kept the ride on this horse.

Feel sorry for the horse. She really tries hard and deserves to win a big one at some point.

Don't know if Skybet or anyone was paying out on the 1st 5 but you should consider yourself unlucky not to have collected on a place, jockey got him stuck in behind Jamie Spencers mount for too long.

What are the chances of that happening 2 races in a row?

I would be more than a little aggrieved if I had backed both!

I hope the jockeys ease off bunching on the stands rail tomorrow, too many horses are having their chance compromised by this obsession with it. Plenty of horses are running well and winning nearer the centre.

It was absurd - surprised there weren't clipped heels as they all scrunched together. It's not as if there's any huge advantage going-wise. And is Tom Queally ever going to keep a horse going straight when it's not attached to a rail?

Am I alone in thinking that Frankie's ride on Capponi today could not have been worse if he had deliberately tried to lose?

Back