York Day 4

Disappointing card....there have been great individual races at these festivals this year but in terms of quality cards back to back to back the festivals have been a let down this year.

I like Forgotten Voice and Huntdown in the next two, and think if you can forgive the Ascot run where he clearly wasn't right, Amour Propre is a great price for the Nunthorpe.

Confront dead heads with Dream Eater.

Secret Society unlucky to not be placed.

I think this 4 day festival is a mistake - this is a very weak supporting card for the Nunthorpe. At least when Ascot and Cheltenham extended they added some new top class races - the Strensall is not enough.

The supporting races for the Nunthorpe were ropey at best when it was a three day meeting. At least the City of York is on the tv now. I like the extension overall, it's not like Cheltenham where every race should be of championship calibre.

The Nunthorpe was ropey at best. The sprinting division is absolutely dire. Overdose and Scenic Blast would have absolute tore that lot apart.

I only bet on group sprints in soft ground these days as so few of the runners actually enjoy the surface.

Back