York Day 4

Hamm

At the Start
Any fancies?

I really, really like Oasis Dancer in the Listed race. Had excuses last time out, and the form of his previous race looks rock solid with Dafeef winning a handicap off 102 next time out.

Think Rainbow Peak a little short, as I think he'll be better over slightly further.

Agreed. Get the loan applications filled in.

More seriously, I think Critical Moment is interesting in the Strensall. Form of his last two efforts looks solid, setting really good gallops and he looks progressive. Wide draw looks an obvious worry and might get taken on for the lead by the likes of Harrison George; ideally would like to see him ridden with slightly more restraint than at Goodwood.

I like the way Zuider Zee finished his race at Doncaster last time. The step up should suit well and am hopeful.

Am I missing something with Green Lightning? He looks thrown in on his form with Harris Tweed, should have little problem with the trip, acts on the ground - 8/1 seems more than fair.

Bay Willow the other interesting one here - should also like the ground and distance, and hard to say he's stopped improving based on his latest run.

I can't see why Desert Sage is such a big price in the opening race and although he's a mountain to climb I think Dinkum Diamond should run a good race in the Nunthorpe, along with Best's 2yo, Stone of Folca.

I'm sweet on Danzinski 4:40 - Mark Tompkin's runner rarely run badly when he sends them to this festival - has good C/D form and there's room for improvement.

Forgive the aftertiming but first race got me out of a right hole -backed the second at 32 laid off at 1.35.Some relief -felt like I would never have a winning bet for the last 3 weeks.
Have topped up SSB place lay at 1.44.if he gets placed it's a neutral week unplaced it's happy days.

I'm happy to look foolish after but what in god's name is Stone of Folca doing at 10/1? An example of a trainer talking up his horse to me as he has no form at all to be close to that.

I'm happy to look foolish after but what in god's name is Stone of Folca doing at 10/1? An example of a trainer talking up his horse to me as he has no form at all to be close to that.

4th fav now, total madness.

Folk thinking he's Kingsgate Native Mk 2.

Not had a bet myself, considering a small bet on Mister Hughie EW. Well drawn to pounce off the furious pace in store.

I understand from previous posts by those who had done the research that the WFA scale really does favour the 2yos quite a lot in this race.

Whilst I'm not totally surprised that Picadilly Filly ran so well I never would have had that one in my top ten for the race!

Would you have had SOLE POWER in it, Arkers?! Astounding finishes from those two. SP off to the l'Abbaye, says Mr Lynam.

Unless the Godolphin horse is a machine, he must be the worst price of any horse in a maiden this season .. this looks a top, top maiden with lots of previous decent runners, and I can't understand how this horse is 6/4.

The brother backed the Nunthorpe winner at 80s without fav.I looked at form after race and in all fairness you couldn't possibly fancy him.

Back