York Racecourse

Guest_

At the Start
Looking at the development piece on RUK, lets hope they have got it spot on. For years York was one of my favourite UK racecourses before the ground became very false and generally not up to standard for a Group 1 course in recent years.

Sounds like they have put alot of work into the drainage surface and the feedback from the jockeys and trainers all appear positive. Love the Ebor meeting and it would be great if the surface is up to the standard of horse racing on it.

It would be even better if they erected some hurdles and fences. The course is now a complete circuit - so what are they waiting for?

It would be even better if they erected some hurdles and fences. The course is now a complete circuit - so what are they waiting for?

The ground prior to the drainage work was about right for jumps racing.

It's a lovely course, in the top 5 in the UK for me.

we really love york and been regulars for the Ebor meeting for years, and doing dante for the first year this year

@paul, we have to meet if you are there too !! :))

Leeds Bradford is the closest airport. They used to run a shuttle from the airport to York (12 quid) but it seems to have been discontinued (well it wasn't running on Tuesday - much to my displeasure!). Easiest way is to get a bus to the train station and a train to York (~25 minutes).

Haven't actually been to the racecourse yet but very much looking forward to it.

Fantastic racecourse with great facilities. Best flat course I have been to and the town is also a lovely place to go out in afterwards.

If you can't get to Leeds-Bradford then Manchester or Newcastle. There are direct trains from Manchester Airport - takes just under 2 hours.

I was peeved that they cancelled the direct bus from Leeds Bradford as well as I could have used it yesterday to get back home.

You can get a bus from the airport to Leeds Bus Station (757 Metro) and then get another from there to York (Coastliner 843).

Will decide once I've seen the cards which day I'll go to.

Will probably do the Saturday meet in three weeks time.

Back