Yorkshire Oaks

Guest_

At the Start
Should be a walk in the park for Sariska?

Sariska
Dar Ri Mi
Tamarind
Barshiba
Saphiras Fire
Fame Of Gibraltar
Roman Empress

I was hoping something would turn up to give her a race but I just can't see it. Horrendous Group One bar the favourite.

Dar Re Mi is a very good filly but one just has to remember what Zarkava did to her . Sariska will need to do a similar demolition job to be an Arc contender.

I was hoping something would turn up to give her a race but I just can't see it. Horrendous Group One bar the favourite.

I'm going to reserve judgement of the quality of this race just in case Tamarind turns out to be Peeping Fawn mark 2. In reality though there looks to be one winner unless Dar Re Mi has improved a fair bit.

Bell starting to make noises he won't run unless they water significantly. He's pretty much holiding Derby to ransom on RUK!

They put 5mm of water on last night to maintain Good/Firm. Hopefully this will ensure Sariska takes part.

I'm not so sure Midday did really frank the form in the Nasssu. It seems to me the better older fillies hated the conditions that day. For that reason i've had a small amount on Dar Ri Me at 7.8

Hope that cleared your Sariska bet and a bit more.

I'm quite happy with that - I take Bell's comments on horses with a pinch of salt.

I'm quite happy with that - I take Bell's comments on horses with a pinch of salt.

It did. Just had a score on Sariska for the Arc. Bell's overt bullishness a massive contrast with Gosden (who has put me off a few over the years but he seemed fairly confident to me today).

This is what I mean:

"It's not the end of the world. Obviously we hoped she would win by three lengths and be favourite for the Arc but all credit to the winner - don't forget she's a Group One winner and she's an older, stronger horse".

He is seriously deluding himself if he thinks a 3 length win would have had Sariska (even near) favourite for the Arc.

Heartbreaker - I had her as the final leg of a treble with roaring forte and lady of the desert... You don't expect the 4/11 shot to let you down :confused:

Bell has just said shes come back from the race and she's in season, he mentioned it was streaming out of her, flashing the tail and winking..?

What does in season mean?

Good performance from the winner. Whatever the reason for her effort Sariska took too long to get there and you couldn't feel confident about her being plausible in the Arc after that.

They might have mentioned that she could be in season before the race (unless it suddenly seized her in running).

Last edited:
Back