Your cards, your books, your jotters!

simmo

Senior Jockey
Like another forumite earlier this year I have been sacked today (keep the cheering down to a minimum).

For, wait for it, sending inappropriate emails to friends. Who would've thought that I'd do a thing like that? :ninja:

I'm quite sure that the bullying grievance I put in against the manager who got the search done had nothing at all to do with it.

So if anyone in Jockland hears about any jobs for excel whizzy types do feel free to let me know about it. :D

Do you work remotely?

(probably best in your case...)

Will keep ear to ground if so.

If you have a prospectus could fire something around network. I will only take 75% of what you get

Is the search of personal emails legal? Wasn't there a case a few years back where they tried to fore a woman for sending her partner emails and it was deemed a breach of human rights or some such crap. Hope you get something soon Simmo.

Sorry to hear that, simmo.

If you didn't get any warnings etc you might have a case.

I got a polite warning some time back because I'd passed on a list of jokes some of which were a bit dodgy (including the one in which the woman said she didn't know who the father of her child was in the same way that if you eat a tin of beans you don't know which one made you fart) around colleagues.

It didn't go any further than that.

Well it was Gross Misconduct so no need for warnings (although they do need to prove they considered a lighter punishment). The search is an aspect I will be investigating closely with a lawyer as the stuff they used as a pretext to carry out the search was not upheld (i.e. I was found not guilty of it).

Various processes and policies they haven't followed correctly, investigation not carried out, allegations changed 4 times during the process (including once during the ******* hearing!).

Just determined to get me out the door.

Berkshire Hunts.

Tough break, simmo - something will turn up.

Whatever you do, don't go looking for your ex-manager out of hours, and under no circumstances boot his hole up and down until you're exhausted, after you've found him.

At least not until after any compensation cheque has cleared. :whistle:

In a bid to be a little more helpful, you might want to think about setting-up for yourself as a limited company. Project Management Offices generally like to have a couple of Excel Jedis on the books, so that they can produce their bogus pivot Tables in an easy-to-decipher pie-chart of lies.

Tart-up your CV, accentuate your 'organisational skills', 'grasp of finances' and 'Expert level Excel skills' and I'd say you might get an early chap on the door. If you want to know more about how to set-up, and an idea about coin etc, send me an IM. :cool:

It is amazing to me that employers can just dismiss people for no good reason, or more particularly with no proof of wrong doing and with inconsistancies with evidence/procedure that would just be thrown out of court immediately in a criminal trial.

Last edited:
It is amazing to me that employers can just dismiss people for no good reason, or more particularly with no proof of wrong doing and with inconsistancies with evidence/procedure that would just be thrown out of court immediately in a criminal trial.

To be fair, in my case, there was very good evidence indeed. The bit that pisses me off is that it was only searched for because my boss had a grudge against me - which would probably be an illegal search in a criminal case.

It is interesting in a sense that RBS would prefer to be morally aligned with a person who has fabricated evidence in order to carry out a search than show mercy to a person who has used obscene language with a mate in emails that went nowhere.

Trudij - plenty of farm animals outside thanks!

Strikes me you are already dealing with some snakes and bulls....
(But if you change your mind, I could hire my dogs, horses and fish out for very reasonable fees ;) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
so you just used a few words in an email to a colleague?

Your "boss" is a total insecure vindictive maggot.

you should get back on the premises and saw his head off and send it by courier to his ugly smelly wife

or if shes not so, knob her out of spite

lol. I have something better in mind. The department I worked in had an annual budget of £1bn.

They only know where £500m of it goes.

:lol:

Back