Jockey News

Paul Townend jumped ona plane flew to the USA won 100k hurdle race back on a plane and rides a double/possible treble at Kaillarney.

This guy can read races in his sleep and is as reliable as Ruby ever was and that is saying something.

What price he has a 30% strike rate or better this season?

Does anyone know what's happened to Danny Tudhope's retainer with Clipper Logistics?
Misses a couple of theirs at Haydock to ride at York today.:confused:

Whitout stating the obvious they are offences in different countries under different governing authorities.

Honestly, I think the Irish punishment is more realistic, there is no question of corruption and its merely pilot error.

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this really bit feel have to mention mega win for young Jamie Spencer and Charlie Hills in the States at the weekend with Ancient Rome in the Mint Millions Stakes at Kentucky Downs on Saturday.
Would love to know the process of how entering something out there came about etc. Fabulous placing however they got there.
Really nice to see Mr S getting more rides lately too.

Yes really pleased to see although I’m sorry I missed backing it, having been one of my good recent bets when he won last time. He’s been on my tracker since his two year old days in France but for some reason didn’t pop up for this race...is that because it was the US?

Apparently they had this race in mind as soon as they bought him. He’s a really decent horse and I’m pleased he’s finally able to show it.

With the bonus for Kentucky bred horses and the likely quality of opposition it was a fairly obvious target if he showed any sort of form.

Eddie Hide has died. He was one of the best in an umatched era from 64 to 75 Santa Clause to Grundy. With others like Mill Reef Sea Bird Roberto Royal Palace Charlotstown Nijinsky Sir Ivor and of course Morston (Edward Hide) among them winning high class Derbys.

Sadly the standard of jockeys is as good as it was then but the standard of the last 12 Derby Winners is shockingly bad and sadly none of those will be remembered in 50 years time

RIP EDWARD HIDE

To be frank that a load of tosh. !6 winners since April and you rate him higher than Tom Who rode these winners
King George VI Chase - (1) Thistlecrack (2016)
Long Walk Hurdle - (2) Lough Derg (2007), Thistlecrack (2015)
Kauto Star Novices' Chase - (2) Grands Crus (2011), Dynaste (2012)
Finale Juvenile Hurdle - (1) Adagio (2020)
Clarence House Chase - (1) Tamarinbleu (2008)
Betway Bowl - (1) Madison du Berlais (2009)
Mildmay Novices' Chase - (1) Dynaste (2013)
Liverpool Hurdle - (2) Maid Equal (2001), Thistlecrack (2016)
Celebration Chase - (1) I'm So Lucky (2010)

Tudor is still in his nappies and has a very long way to go before you can start comparing him to Scu.

Thistlecrack was a steering job - hardly evidence of how good a jockey was. Tudor strikes me as having a good racing brain and good hands - and his riding of those Christian Williams stayers has been exemplary.

Wow! I was about to say on another thread, I think KOS is still a big baby and has had some hard races thrown at him for one with such a big frame. If he was mine, I’d put him away now for next year. He’s probably gone a little weak and needs to grown on again.

Stott not been riding Amo horses well for a while, think last two winners were for other owners....understand might have some personal problems also

Back