Blogs and 'Edit' function button

yorick

Apprentice
Hiya.

I know it's all 'ask, ask, ask' but I think it would be valuable to have an 'Edit' function when making blog entries. Oddly, there's one attached to the 'comments' under the blog but nothing for the blog itself, unless I've missed it.

These are busy timesfor you, I know but it's just a bit feedback, when you have time to do some tweaking.

Great job, by the way. :thumbsup:

Hiya Yorick!

Please provide me with a link so I can take a look at the post in question :)

I am actually finishing up moving the blog posts around to the right sections. And yeah, I am trying to work out a better solution for the blogs, to include editing. We may be installing a plugin for these because it should be set up that you have your own spot in the forum. Right now all of the blog posts have been migrated to here:

This is just a temporary solution at the moment. For right now, your editing privileges - which are connect to your forum tier level which I haven't fully fleshed out yet. :D

Hello BB

Here's the entry as an example:

You'll see that there is an option to edit in 'responses'.

Just by the by, I see that all my previous blogs are collected together under the 'Yorick' moniker.

Excellent work, my man!

Thanks so much for all the sterling work.:):thumbsup:

Can you try editing that post again - or an old blog for that matter? :)

Please let me know - thanks!

That link shows my blog for today but there is no edit button that I can see, even though I'm being told that it was 'last edited' at 12.38.

Ok - that trick didn't work. LOL - I will tackle this for sure tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I'll need to troubleshoot this in my other forum. :p

I've just entered my blog for the day and notice that there is now an 'edit' button attached.

Excellent outcome!

Oh oh! Well the edit butob appeared when I was first writing my blog today but it seems that there is a 'shelf life' to the function. If I want to add or alter anything now, I see that the button has disappeared, BB.

Odd

I've seen on other forums that, yes, edit has a shelf-life. You can normally edit for a period of time just after posting, then it goes (as you've seen, Yorick). I don't know how long it is, maybe 10-15 minutes (I'm guessing). Normally, you'd only be editing to correct a mistake or add something you forgot and the assumption would be that after a certain elapsed time, you'd have already done that.

However, that's on posts. And there's a point behind it.

I'm not totally sure that point is valid anyway, but it never bothered me. If I wanted to edit later I'd just add a new post with the additional thoughts.

But I'd argue it doesn't have a point on a 'personal' blog.

It could be that there's a way to overcome it. Maybe Bryan will know.

PS Your blog entries are pretty intricate (and eloquent!), Yorick. So easy to understand why you might need longer on occasions to check and correct/add thoughts :)

PPS Still allowing me to edit (12.23)

Last edited:
Oh oh! Well the edit butob appeared when I was first writing my blog today but it seems that there is a 'shelf life' to the function. If I want to add or alter anything now, I see that the button has disappeared, BB.

Odd
Still working on that shelf life! :p

I should have time this afternoon to dig into that. No worries. :thumbsup:

Back