Daily picks.

gigilo

Senior Jockey
Write ups later as busy at the moment.

Yarmouth 3.40 bahia emerald 7/2 hills(if draw turns high will be 11,12 draws as well.
Epsom 7.25 free for all 7/1 hills

Bahia emeralds penulitimate run at yarmouth stands out,on the same card collect art ran .50 quicker than bahia diamond but carrying 5 pounds less,collect art is now on a mark of 85.This makes bahia diamond look well in with the older horses top weights off 75 and bahias recieving 9 pound.
The runner up to bahia,albany rose has just completed a treble hacking up at windsor off a mark of 71 although 4 1/2ls behind bahia,the negative could be the draw as at a recent meeting all the winners won on the rail.If it turns out to be an advantage i will probably back hobson and rough rock as well,should be obvious by then as the three previous races are over 6fs.

Free for all wether it does anything to morrow or not i will be following as it looked better than a handicapper at lingfield.Last time out will excuse the run up the middle at ascot on soft,previous run at lingfield won by 3 1/2ls in a time 1.01 seconds slower than group 3 winner pefect tribute(98) beating flambeau(108),perfect tribute carrying 8-5 free for all 9-5.The times and weights don't tell the whole story as free for all led on the stands side and ended up on the far rail giving away 5-6ls in distance by the finish making that time look a bit special.Going left handed tomorrow should suit,guessing wether the 6fs at epsom will as it potentially looks better than a handicapper i've got to keep backing it till it proves otherwise.

Pretty good day big chunk gone on bahia ew though,mightv'e been lucky hobson was withdrawn though!!

3.35 DONNY.
One of the most unluckiest horses in training has to be webbow 9 year old yet only won 3/32 yet some of his performances in bigger handicaps against unexposed horses run in quick times over the last few seasons have been very unfortunate.Really the horse wants a big field as thats where all his form is the better quality race the better he runs,last time out led 2fs out,only just got collared and tactics wouldn't have suited.This field maybe to small for him but 11/2 if they go quick enough is a reasonable price,he's so consistent he was on a mark of 89 in june 2008 and the lowest he's ever fallen is to 86.If age doesn't catch up with him he ,may just nick one of the bigger handicaps at a decent price somewhere like york or goodwood.

I backed him last time out thought I would be collecting a furlong out. He travelled like a dream that day so if they hold on to him longer today and he's in the same form he would be hard to beat.

As i said one of the unluckiest in training,again second probably 7fs doesn't suit as well as a mile very unlucky as the only finisher in the race.Small profit,one day this fella will win a bigger race than that contested today certainly deserves it!!

4.30 haydock.

I've had a small bet on barney mcgrew 14/1 boyles was with another firm but gone hills i think,been on my to follows since the beginning of theseason.
Tomorrow runs in a 76-95 and hasn't been able to run in this low a handicap since june 2009 when finishing second infact this is his lowest mark since november 2008 (92).Only one glimpse of form this season at york when pulling double over 5fs even though beaten 7 1/2ls was probably as good as the front three as murtagh never even tried to get into the places.
Last season won off 107 when winning a gp 3 at newcastle,so at his best will trouble these lot and it was only february in meydan getting beat 1 1/2ls by war artist, so the ability is there.Wouldn't be surprised if he wins a decent race before the end of the season.

Last edited:
5.10 beverley.

Sangars come out of a low grade race where i think the first three although lowly rated will all win races,see the bees just got touched off on a new mark of 63 on tuesday to an unexposed mcmahon horse.Both were clear of horses carrowbeg and dr red eye rated 69,68,that was sangars seasonal debut and had to run wide throughout losing quite a bit of ground before hitting the straight.I expect all three to be nearer 70 and win in the near future and a nice little race to follow,there is one big negative today the trip as in the pedigree sangars more likely to be suited by a mile and not much further.For that reason i've just had a small bet at 3/1 as most of the runners in the race are guaranteed to or have already won over 1m2fs.

Masai moon runs off 83 today already run 4th to decent fella at newmarket this season in a slightly better race formlines through red gulch gives it a similar chance to tevez priced at 13/2 compared to masai moons 18s.
He very rarely wins but this is lowest mark since a decent second to day of the eagle and again i've just had a small bet.
Big noise is off its lowest mark since august 2007,like masai moon very rarely wins but has won the race in 2009 and i backed it the previous night at 12/1 that season, as some of its turf form was very decent around that time.He won that race off 89 today sits on 80 with five pound being claimed to put him on lowest ever mark, he likes liecester and has won once here and been 4th of 90.
Obviously mr scargill targets this race as both those leicester runs were in this race,again formlines through red gulch has very similar chance to tevez and masai moon.The run behind kingscroft was eased on ground he wouldn't have liked and has big pull with kingscroft in the weights,two small bets again for me the pair

8.50 ripon

Fibs and flannel stands out on all round form,running off 69 tomorrow even though been running well and hasn't been this low in the handicap since april 2010.This season been 4th,4th 4th all on gd'fm ground and out of the 9 horses that have finished infront of it have all been rated 71+ only dazeen was rated lower but this went onto run second off 72 and 75 in better races.Has won over a mile off 70 running off 69 tomorrow qualifies it for this 51-70 in probably one of the weakest races its ever contested.
Nothing else really appeals so looks worth a bet at 7/2 365,i can see this going off around the 2s mark maybe even less

pontefract 5.30.

Maximillion bounty ran over a furlong further on the same day as carrowbeg and phair winter and running a quicker time on that run should take all the beating.Phair hill looks well handicapped and looks nearer the mid sixties to potentially on the save the bees form it also ran a lot quicker than carrowbeg on the hamilton run and even on carrowbegs run behind save the bees should be the same price.Backing the pair and a small reverse fcast.

maximillion bounty 4/1 hills
phair hill 5/1 365

First time blinkers gave fibs and flannel no chance,they won't be using them again i expected it to come late as all its other decent form not lead like 6fs horse.Iwas more worried about it being outpaced,put a line through that maybe worth following without the blinkers.

Bad day and wasn't any better at wolves either,presume the ground was to quick for the ponte runners seeing where carrowbeg finished so i will still follow that formline for the time being.

At swell 7.40.

Master of song time was ok considering the track wasn't riding that quick and the field was spread eagled i like dubai gem in the same race as well same form through amtired so i've backed the pair and rev fcast.

8.10 So is she and golden creek have the quickest times at the track so i'm hoping its not riding slow as so is shes run behind fantasy fry was quite decent for the grade.Golden creek beat queen of cash now rated 77 in a decent time for a 2 yr old race and for the track,big drop in grade from last handicap run.I've backed the pair and rev fcast also

8.40 The horse with some of the faster times merrion tiger looks out of form,but two improvers in the race light the city and dr finley have vey little sperating them from July last year.Dr finley has a nine pound pull for just over 5ls so have backed the pair again and a small rev fcast.

6.20 Kempton Exceedingly bold 18/1 boyles

Don't quite understand why exceedingly bold is 18/1 in this race so i've backed it ew but i am going to see if i can get a trdae out of this as 18/1
is a hige price in this race.The horse has two runs over c/d and both of those are the fastest in the race a 4th behind double carpet in february only beaten 1 1/2ls and having 8/1 shot abriachan behind in todays race.
That was off a mark of 70 today races off 65 and 3 pound off with matthew lawson and 7 pound better off with abriachan,a 6th of 10 behind perfect point although beaten 5ls in a very fast time in what was a better race than todays certainly doesn't warrant it being an 18/1 shot.The reason its 18/1 is it was last at chepstow and at that price its worth throwing some coppers at as could easily be backed.Dires day racing and was'nt going to do much just thought this stuck out.Will be very surprised if that 18/1 lasts to long threw the day.

sp 7s :lol: which is roughly what it shouldv'e been,out at 11.5 :cool: hope it didn't go lower as crashed on me 2 bmins before the off!!:blink:

Ran today at donny and the time of the race compared favourably with the two 7f handicaps,firebeams maiden was run in 1m26.06 exactly the same time as the handicap won by 79 rated lord aeryn and the following handicap won by king of eden 1m25.91.Firebeam was given a lovely introduction by fallon,one crack and allowed to come home without being punished,with improvement to come and looking at the times firebeam looks a mid 80's horse already,so for the near future a maiden should be a formality and will be interesting to see how much it actually improves.Ran at swell and very disappointing but was no value and with it getting a mark back on turf could be exceptionally well handicapped.

On a mark of 85 yet looks on a par in the mid eighties with the older horses,a decent race tomorrow but 3/1 ew with ppower bet to nothing will definitely be winning more races.

4.20 firebeam 3/1 ppower.

Last edited:
Back