Debut Handicap, Down in Class, Up in Distance

Damn! Just noticed that the master of this debut handicap lark - Sir Mark Prescott - has the favourite - Trooper Bisdee - in this which also qualifies. Bookies take no chances with his, 9/4 atm when three previous runs have been 200/1, 200/1, 80/1. Whether one of them will hang on ‘til next time??? Think I’ll cover, anyway, and hope they don’t both run scared.

Last edited:
Just noticed that Luke Morris rides at Lingfield on another SMP horse(5.15), and a more likely proposition imo.

Just noticed that Luke Morris rides at Lingfield on another SMP horse(5.15), and a more likely proposition imo.

Maybe, but not a plot horse since been running over 2 miles. Interesting that Menuisier has backed off with La Espanola which convinces me it was up for it.

Last edited:
Missing for 8 months. then returns in new headgear with another entry on Monday - looks very much a plot horse in my book.
Interesting that Menuisier has backed off with La Espanola which convinces me it was up for it.
Why?

Missing for 8 months. then returns in new headgear with another entry on Monday - looks very much a plot horse in my book.

Why?

Maybe a plot, but not of the thread variety.

As for “why”, I thought the horse was the ideal profile for the thread type and he had Benoit booked for it as well. It looks to me that the presence of the SMP horse has put him off, which it wouldn’t do if he was just running a 25/1 shot with that sort of outside chance.

Last edited:
Damn! Just noticed that the master of this debut handicap lark - Sir Mark Prescott - has the favourite - Trooper Bisdee - in this which also qualifies. Bookies take no chances with his, 9/4 atm when three previous runs have been 200/1, 200/1, 80/1. Whether one of them will hang on ‘til next time??? Think I’ll cover, anyway, and hope they don’t both run scared.

Trooper Bisdee Won 11/4 so maybe it was right for La Espanola to duck it. Another win for the thread anyway.

Turf Balance: + 31.25 AW Balance: - 7

Last edited:
I’ve not been backing them all and none on the AW, EC, but going ok. The stats themselves wouldn’t amount to that much without Outsider pointing up a big one that I’d missed!

Tomorrow and it’s two in the same race again, unfortunately.

Barrolo and Conceito 7:10 Ripon

Tomorrow and it’s two in the same race again, unfortunately.

Barrolo and Conceito 7:10 Ripon

Barrolo Won 5/2

Conceito last 28/1

Turf Balance: + 30.75 AW Balance: - 7

The market told the whole story here. Barrolo was 6/1 early price last evening which didn’t last long, whilst Conceito was close by early price @ 13/2, but the market knew the score and SP was 28/1.

Tomorrow:

Two in the same race again:
Covert Legend 7:20 Chelmsford
Penzance Ditto

Royal Design 5:40 Yarmouth

Last edited:
Covert Legend 7:20 Chelmsford 4th 12/1
Penzance Ditto. 2nd 5/1

Royal Design 5:40 Yarmouth 8th 40/1

Turf Balance: + 29.75 AW Balance: - 9

Tomorrow:

Pjano 9:00 Haydock

Last edited:
If you didn't know the history you wouldn't have got stuck into Blindedbythelights.

Sure I like winning but I can't help but think...Sir Mark Prescott is a complete rogue and really he should have been banned years ago.

Time after time he runs horses 10 canter short of a gallop and they finish like todays in positions like 9/11 6/8 7/11

The the BHA give the horse a 62 and it steps up wins easily like a 80 plus horse

The BHA say oh well such is life.

I know trainers run horses knowing they need the run.....train them on the course if you like but he makes a complete nonsense of racing, the BHA and any punter who loses his hard earned cash backing against him.

Nah, Fist - SMP's MO is widely understood; run a horse over too short a trip, then up to a more suitable distance when it's ready to strike.

Thx,Tan, don’t know how I missed posting this one as it’s in my notes. Should go in the stats really, but maybe I’ve missed a loser too, so I’ll leave it out.

Yes, he’s a real scoundrel with these and I can’t quite understand how the stewards don’t even raise an eyebrow.

Covert Legend 7:20 Chelmsford 4th 12/1
Penzance Ditto. 2nd 5/1

Royal Design 5:40 Yarmouth 8th 40/1

Turf Balance: + 29.75 AW Balance: - 9

Tomorrow:

Pjano 9:00 Haydock

2nd 11/4

Turf Balance: + 28.75 AW Balance: - 9

Last edited:
Two today in same race, 4:30 Yarmouth:

Rebecca West
Time in Motion

RW 3rd 17/2
TIM 6th

Turf Balance: + 26.75 AW Balance: - 9

Four tomorrow with two in the same race again which is annoying. Not sure I should be including these since if you were involved in such a plot you’d hardly be confident in continuing if someone else was doing the same. As it is they just seem a drain on the stats.

Scintillate 5:05 Newbury
Luna Light 2:30 Yarmouth
Rayena 2:00 Yarmouth
Pfingstberg 2:00 Yarmouth

Last edited:
RW 3rd 17/2
TIM 6th

Turf Balance: + 26.75 AW Balance: - 9

Four tomorrow with two in the same race again which is annoying. Not sure I should be including these since if you were involved in such a plot you’d hardly be confident in continuing if someone else was doing the same. As it is they just seem a drain on the stats.

Scintillate 5:05 Newbury - 2nd 15/2
Luna Light 2:30 Yarmouth - 8th/8 125/1
Rayena 2:00 Yarmouth - 5th/5 16/1
Pfingstberg 2:00 Yarmouth - 3rd/5 9/4

No joy

Turf Balance: + 22.75 AW Balance: - 9

Last edited:
Back