Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

There is a post on one of the racing facebook pages saying that she had her foreleg caught in the reins as she came out, how true that is I don't know as I didn't see it

There is a post on one of the racing facebook pages saying that she had her foreleg caught in the reins as she came out, how true that is I don't know as I didn't see it

It's categorically not true - although easy to see why people would think that might be the case.

BehViPxIgAARv2m.jpg

Whoops sorry forgot to put the details up from Jess Westwoods Twitter today

Monkey would like to thank everyone for all the messages & cards he has received. He is much Brighter today. OnTheUp

Last edited:
Do we have confirmation about Galileo Rock? Sad.

Great pic of Monkety, I hope he heals very fast bless him.

Nx

The pic is from Jess's Facebook and Twitter feeds and I think we should acknowledge that to stay legal. Just ask UG.;)

Knockturnal fractured a vertebrae in her neck when falling at Doncaster earlier this afternoon and had to be pts

Seems Henrietta Knight slipped and broke her right ankle in her yard last night near the famous duck pond, doing well in hospital though pins and plates inserted.

Beshabar, winner of the 2011 Scottish Grand National, has been retired after a suffering a minor setback, trainer Tim Vaughan has announced

It was mentioned during commentary on ATR on Annie Power's race at Doncaster on Saturday that it was Alasi's (Paul Webber) last race before being retired to the paddocks.

Sister Act, a winning sister to Soviet Song and dam of Ribbons died after foaling a filly on Sunday. The filly is alive and healthy and being nursed by a foster mare

Sister Act, a winning sister to Soviet Song and dam of Ribbons died after foaling a filly on Sunday. The filly is alive and healthy and being nursed by a foster mare

I'm saddened to read this. I named her and won a day at Chepstow racecourse. The comp was devised by The Daily Star newspaper and S.I.S. Hence the name.RIP.

Back